2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 pm

blueblood wrote:This is like vivid_dude, CU Final Four and bird_call promising to stop posting in the global warming thread. I mean it would be awesome but in reality you know its never going to happen.

Just to prove to you that the impossible can happen, I commit right now to never post in the Global Warming thread again. Even if Tugs doesn't choose Creighton, at least something good will have come from this.
vivid_dude

Postby Ethanfor3 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Easypaddy wrote:We're not allowed to bad mouth potential recruits on the recruiting board? Looks like the thought police are out in full force on this one :/

You certainly can...it's a message board, it's your right, anybody that pays attention to random message board posters as part of their decision we don't want anyway, etc., etc.

But why would you do so, even if there is a fraction of a chance that you would have an impact?

Recruits have picked teams for stranger reasons and turned out to be great players.

I choose to save my angst for the time when the decision is done, rather than inadvertently sabotaging bringing on a potentially great player.

Peace
Ethanfor3

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:46 pm

I was being sarcastic, damn it.
Easypaddy

Postby Jet915 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Good news I guess?

Matt Prehm‏ @Prehmmr247 35m35 minutes ago
More
No idea how the rumor of Oregon bringing in Brian Bowen for an OV started, but his mom shot that down + new targets
Jet915

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:55 pm

There was an ESPN Insider article this morning from Jeff Borzello about how NBA draft decisions swayed uncommitted 2017 prospects, with a lot of mentions of Bowen. In reading the summaries below, I think Creighton fans need to cheer really hard for Rawle Alkins to return to Arizona. That may be the deciding factor. In reading this, I can't see him going to Michigan State, but who knows? And if mom is saying Oregon is not a player, I will believe her.

Arizona: Coach Sean Miller had several players who were in limbo regarding the NBA draft. Kobi Simmons and Lauri Markkanen signed with an agent, Allonzo Trier decided to return to school, while Rawle Alkins and Chance Comanche are testing the waters without an agent. The key piece could be Alkins. And the biggest impact on a prospect will likely be with Brian Bowen (No. 13). The five-star small forward has long said he was waiting to see what happened with various early-entry prospects. If Alkins returns to Tucson, things are a little crowded on the wing with Trier, Alkins and others. If Alkins stays in the draft, there’s an opening for Bowen. Arizona is also very involved with Pittsburgh graduate transfer Cameron Johnson, too.

Oregon: The Ducks might be the program most impacted on the recruiting trail by the NBA draft. After a run to the Final Four, the team’s three best players all signed with agents: Dillon Brooks, Tyler Dorsey and Jordan Bell. Throw in a couple transfers, and Oregon has fewer than 10 scholarship players for next season at this point. There are minutes to be had. Oregon picked up a commitment from four-star former Arizona State commit Kenneth Wooten last week. At the same time, the loss of the three stars makes it tougher to sell recruits on a national title run next season. Dana Altman and his staff are still going for at least two of the remaining top-50 prospects. They lost Brandon McCoy (No. 15) to UNLV, but the Ducks are also still in the mix for Jordan Tucker (No. 40) and, lately, Bowen. Bowen said Oregon had reached out to him to see whether he would be interested in considering the Ducks. With everything else going on in Bowen’s recruitment, don’t be surprised if Oregon becomes a player.

Michigan State: One of the most surprising decisions of the early-entry period came when Miles Bridges announcing he was going back to East Lansing for his sophomore season. In an ironic twist, the decision that makes the Spartans the early favorite to be preseason No. 1 next season might have hurt them on the recruiting trail in 2017. Tom Izzo’s frontcourt is going to be absolutely loaded next season with Bridges, Nick Ward and five-star freshman Jaren Jackson. That impacts Michigan State’s pursuit of Bowen as he would likely be pushed to the bench by Bridges. Izzo won’t fret too much, though, given his returning talent.
vivid_dude

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Also, I apologize if this was posted earlier (I don't see it), but here's what Borzello predicted a few days ago in a separate ESPN Insider article:

Brian Bowen, SF, La Lumiere School (Indiana), ESPN 100: 13
Prediction: Creighton
Confidence level: 40 percent
Other contenders: Arizona, Michigan State

It's hard to get a read on Bowen right now. He keeps pushing back a decision, and dominoes keep falling that impact his recruitment. With Allonzo Trier returning to Arizona and Miles Bridges going back to Michigan State, those schools are getting a little crowded on the wing. Creighton has maintained a strong connection due to assistant coach Preston Murphy, a fellow Saginaw, Michigan native. Bowen also said last week that other, new schools -- Missouri, Oregon, others -- are contacting him.

Not sure how confident this should make us, as Borzello predicted Brandon McCoy to Oregon (he chose UNLV) and Thomas Allen to Kansas (he chose Nebraska) in the same article.
vivid_dude

Postby ictjay » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Borzello still have a job?
ictjay

Postby #RollJays » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Wonder if we will have to wait until Alkins returns to get a decision. He would have to really hate school to stay in the draft. Most mocks have him late 2nd at best.
#RollJays

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Let the countdown clock begin ...
only three days left in April
Or was it March
Or February
Or January
Damn, I'm tired of this
TBC Alum

Postby T-bone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:27 pm

TBC Alum wrote:Let the countdown clock begin ...
only three days left in April
Or was it March
Or February
Or January
Damn, I'm tired of this

Didn't I see a tweet today that Bowen said he was announcing tonight?
T-bone

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting