2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby NUgradCUfan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 am

Obviously Tugs wants to play with Patton if he comes here. I think that's our #1 draw to getting him here. The problem is signing day for Tugs is April 12, but the players for Creighton/Arizona/MSU wanting to test the waters at the NBA combine don't have to drop out of the draft until May 24 to retain their eligibility. Unless players like Bridges for MSU or Patton declare right after the CBB season and say without a doubt they are going to the NBA, Tugs is going to have to make a decision before he knows what they're going to do.
NUgradCUfan

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 pm

JD4JAYS wrote: Signing day was a while ago and if he still can't make up his mind will he ever be happy?

College basketball has two signing periods - one in the fall and one in the spring. It is not strange at all for a top tier kid to wait until the spring to sign.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby section221jay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 pm

NUgradCUfan wrote:Obviously Tugs wants to play with Patton if he comes here. I think that's our #1 draw to getting him here. The problem is signing day for Tugs is April 12, but the players for Creighton/Arizona/MSU wanting to test the waters at the NBA combine don't have to drop out of the draft until May 24 to retain their eligibility. Unless players like Bridges for MSU or Patton declare right after the CBB season and say without a doubt they are going to the NBA, Tugs is going to have to make a decision before he knows what they're going to do.

Has he stated that Patton staying/leaving is a major deciding factor?
section221jay

Postby Jays26 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 pm

section221jay wrote:
NUgradCUfan wrote:Obviously Tugs wants to play with Patton if he comes here. I think that's our #1 draw to getting him here. The problem is signing day for Tugs is April 12, but the players for Creighton/Arizona/MSU wanting to test the waters at the NBA combine don't have to drop out of the draft until May 24 to retain their eligibility. Unless players like Bridges for MSU or Patton declare right after the CBB season and say without a doubt they are going to the NBA, Tugs is going to have to make a decision before he knows what they're going to do.

No, not that I have ever read.
Jays26

Postby NUgradCUfan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Jays26 wrote:
section221jay wrote:

No, not that I have ever read.

No he hasn't said that from what I've read either. I'm only saying that when you're going against two blue bloods like Arizona and Michigan State for a 5-star recruit it would help to say you've got a possible top 5 lottery pick that will be on your team in a system that suits your style of play.
NUgradCUfan

Postby ictjay » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:58 am

Michigan States "style" of play will put you to sleep. Hopefully tugs watched the game last night.

As far as Patton goes, I'm sure their has been texting back and forth on that subject. Dude has been here 3 times and I'm sure they are very acquainted with each other.
ictjay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Not sure the source of the article, I think it was ESPNInsider, but Big East Coast Bias tweeted out a snippit of Tugs on Preston Murphy and Creighton.

"He is a great recruiter," Bowen said. "Not just that, but their program is really on the rise, and there would be a big-time spot for me to go there and be able to do a little bit of everything."
bluejayfan00

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 am

Subliminal tweet showing he's going to be a Jay. See there are only two hearts, and the first one is blue? Done deal.
whiteandblue77

Postby mredle » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:16 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Subliminal tweet showing he's going to be a Jay. See there are only two hearts, and the first one is blue? Done deal.

There is also only 1 longhorn and it is first before either heart, the wolf (pack) or wildcats. Based upon your reasoning I will predict he is going to commit to [drumroll please] the Shockers.
mredle

Postby yeti47 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Maybe some Larry nassar issues will prevent him going to mich state.
yeti47

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting