2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby ictjay » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:09 pm

cujaysfan wrote:if you're considered a booster - it's possible illegal contact

and - it's embarrassing for grown ass men and women to interact with potential recruits in that manner - despite what you think.

follow em if you want - retweet if you must - tag if you wanna - but tweeting at recruits is not a good idea

Lol, it's embarrassing for grown ass men who chat on message boards with monikers.
ictjay

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 pm

the chasm btw here and tweeting at recruits is vast
cujaysfan

Postby BJay Fan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:30 pm

cujaysfan wrote:the chasm btw here and tweeting at recruits is vast

So how do you feel about people who say "come on, be a Jay" on this board? At least if you tweet that at a recruit they see it.
BJay Fan

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

i'm OK with that (although have never done it myself) - interacting with HS kids is a line that i don't think should be crossed.

but - that's just like my opinion, man

and - the improper contact/booster thing
cujaysfan

Postby BJay Fan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:52 pm

cujaysfan wrote:i'm OK with that (although have never done it myself) - interacting with HS kids is a line that i don't think should be crossed.

Yeah it's a weird grey zone. With coaches allowed some contact on twitter this year it feels more ok IMO. Twitter seems pretty public in general if the player doesn't protect their tweets. Facebook would seem really creepy.
BJay Fan

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:55 pm

it's fine for coaches - that's their job - that's the business of recruiting

for fans - not so much

and - all of this said - no one is rooting for Bowen to end up at CU more than I am.
cujaysfan

Postby Realhoops » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:59 pm

BJay Fan wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:i'm OK with that (although have never done it myself) - interacting with HS kids is a line that i don't think should be crossed.

Yeah it's a weird grey zone. With coaches allowed some contact on twitter this year it feels more ok IMO. Twitter seems pretty public in general if the player doesn't protect their tweets. Facebook would seem really creepy.

Regardless of what any of "us" think, the important point is that Creighton Compliance says boosters should not interact with recruits on social media. So don't.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:54 pm

Realhoops wrote:
BJay Fan wrote:

Regardless of what any of "us" think, the important point is that Creighton Compliance says boosters should not interact with recruits on social media. So don't.

Well, the coaches want fans to do so, so.....
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby JaysLifer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Realhoops wrote:
BJay Fan wrote:

I believe that's an old rule that was abrogated this year.
JaysLifer

Postby Realhoops » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:11 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Realhoops wrote:
BJay Fan wrote:Yeah it's a weird grey zone. With coaches allowed some contact on twitter this year it feels more ok IMO. Twitter seems pretty public in general if the player doesn't protect their tweets. Facebook would seem really creepy.

Well, the coaches want fans to do so, so.....

I must have missed that - hadn't heard the coaches encouraging boosters to do that. I'd still be in the camp of thinking it's not effective and a bad idea, but I could be wrong, for sure.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting