2015 JuCo G Malik Albert (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 JuCo G Malik Albert (Commit)

Postby WSMFPOmaha » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 am

WSMFPOmaha

Postby burmano » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:36 am

R Jay wrote:I think I owe shadow an apology.

What's probably lost in this signing is that we now only have one scholarship to fill for 2016-17.

We will be taking at least 2 commitments for the 16-17 class
burmano

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 am

Based on everything I've read and seen and interpreted thus far, he appears to be Devin Brooks 2.0. If he can bring that energy, athleticism, rebounding, and penetration without those Devin meltdowns, it's a good pick-up. I like having a "slasher", but not sure if I like 6'2" slashers. When I read the OWH article, I was surprised to see he was 6'2", because he looks and plays bigger than that in the videos I've seen. It's hard to have any substantive opinion on the guy since he's such an unknown. I'm chalking Martin and Malik up this season in the "trust the coaches" category, because how could I (or anyone) really go any deeper than that?
vivid_dude

Postby R Jay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:19 am

burmano wrote:
R Jay wrote:I think I owe shadow an apology.

What's probably lost in this signing is that we now only have one scholarship to fill for 2016-17.

We will be taking at least 2 commitments for the 16-17 class

Sure, if someone else decides to walk on or leave. Right now we're at 12 for next year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Dundee Hipster » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 am

Pretty excited about this kid. Followed him on Twitter. He seems excited to be joining CU. Great job by Murphy!
Dundee Hipster

Postby shadow » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 am

I'm still wondering why recruiting this kid was so cloak and dagger clandestine in nature...not done with others I don't think.
I will say the Tiger Tom arena can be a hotbed of insider scoops!
shadow

Postby Duke1Agn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am

shadow wrote:I'm still wondering why recruiting this kid was so cloak and dagger clandestine in nature...not done with others I don't think.

He was set to take a visit to Pitt. And other bigger programs were apparently getting interested. The "keep it quiet" strategy worked in this case.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby R Jay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:28 am

shadow wrote:I'm still wondering why recruiting this kid was so cloak and dagger clandestine in nature...not done with others I don't think.

They kept Krampelj pretty quiet, too, until he took his visit. I think that's a quality of a very good talent scout. Not just the ability to find hidden talent, but also to keep it secret from other programs (particularly the bluebloods).
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:27 pm

The veíl of silence works with unknown and under-the-radar kids, however most of our recruits are top 150 kids.
We still have no followups on the Louisiana duo (who by the way, are nearly as clandestine as Martin and Malik), 3 weeks after an official visit. We are in the BE, a top Basketball league, but it feels and seems as though we are back in the DA era "keeping it quiet", trying to sneak up on the hoops world. Go figure.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby RVB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:03 am

New Bluejay guard Malik Albert learning on, off the court

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/new-blue ... 387e0.html
RVB

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting