2015 JuCo G Malik Albert (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 JuCo G Malik Albert (Commit)

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:16 pm

bluejaydano wrote:Michigan guy. Murphy has already landed more guys than Sellers.

To be fair, Sellers landed Mo Watson, who was great at BU and figures to be one of our best couple of players the next two years. Conversely, Albert's a relative unknown who didn't play organized ball last year. I'm enthused about Coach Murphy, and trust the staff's decision to take Albert. Just don't know how much this adds to a Sellers v. Murphy debate.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby PorkTornado » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:07 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Wow. So many questions.

Who is this guy?
Why can I only find recent footage of him in a grade school gym?
Is he a point or off guard?
Where is the scholarship coming from?
If it's GG's, does that mean he's paying his own way to play? Or is he not playing? The latter would suck.
Will this mean a player we thought would be in the rotation will now be redshirting? Thomas? Stewart?
Do I owe "shadow" an apology for mocking this thread and his credibility?

I was not expecting any more roster additions. Wow.

Yes
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby bleedblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:10 pm

From what I heard Geoff will be able to get an academic scholarship and stay on the team as a walk on. Looks as though we will have 3 consecutive years starting a different walk on
bleedblue

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Does anyone have more info to share on what type of guard Malik will be for us? A shooter? Slasher? Combo guard? I don't want to speculate but can't help feeling this addition will take already-sparse playing time away from the group of [zierden, khyri, marlon, even ronnie?]. Does this mean the coaches don't believe IZ is ready for a heavy load of minutes yet?

I trust our coaching staff above all else, at this point im just a little skeptical as to how big a contributor this guy will be for us next year
Jaysker12

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Well I'm guessing Marlon will be redshirting. It's always good to have a plethora of guards so that we can go small and have plenty of depth. I remember last year feeling desperate with only 3 reliable guards when IZ went down. Clement was serviceable but when James Austin or Devin had an off night was very anxious praying that someone could jumpstart the stagnant offense. Glad to see this signing
Eye of the Jay

Postby 1620Jay » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:Does anyone have more info to share on what type of guard Malik will be for us? A shooter? Slasher? Combo guard? I don't want to speculate but can't help feeling this addition will take already-sparse playing time away from the group of [zierden, khyri, marlon, even ronnie?]. Does this mean the coaches don't believe IZ is ready for a heavy load of minutes yet?

I trust our coaching staff above all else, at this point im just a little skeptical as to how big a contributor this guy will be for us next year
Watching a couple short videos and looking at his juco stats he appears to be more of a slasher. Looks fairly long...but pretty skinny. Assist to turnover ratio was solid. I'd guess he will be counted on to backup Mo this year. I read he led the nation in scoring at one point last year.
1620Jay

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:53 pm

1620Jay wrote: I read he led the nation in scoring at one point last year.

What you read was incorrect. He did not play last year.
TBC Alum

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Grosselle is paying his own way, not on an academic scholarship.
HandDownManDown

Postby RVB » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 am

Jays sign Malik Albert

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle. ... =210168464

Bluejays add guard depth with former junior college standout Malik Albert

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/bluejays ... fee54.html
RVB

Postby R Jay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:21 am

I think I owe shadow an apology.

What's probably lost in this signing is that we now only have one scholarship to fill for 2016-17.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting