2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 am

Creighton offered 2016 wing Brachen Hazen last week. Hazen is a 6-7 forward who attacks the basket but has a good outside shot. Plays for Spiece Indy Heat.
User avatar
hilltopalum
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 am

 

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby Jet915 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Quote about visiting Creighton soon. Plans to decide before next high school season.
http://www.news-sentinel.com/article/2015150509953?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Image
Jet915
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby section202jay » Wed May 06, 2015 9:09 am

Exciting. I think he could be a good fit for us.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
User avatar
section202jay
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: Bellevue, Neb.

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Recent blurb on his performance at Lexington EYBL a couple weeks ago:

Brachen Hazen, Spiece Indy, 2016 - Brachen Hazen is the prototypical stretch 4. He is a legitimate pick and pop threat. Hazen can knockdown midrange jumpers and 3 pointers consistently. He even looked comfortable attacking from the wing. The most intriguing part of Hazen’s game is that he is not afraid to mix it up around the basket. If his recent Creighton offer is any indication, expect High-Major programs to get involved with Hazen.

New article on his recruitment.

http://www.indystar.com/story/recruiting-central/2015/05/06/columbia-citys-brachen-hazen-recently-offered-by-creighton-interest-from-wide-range-of-programs/70896024/
Image
Jet915
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Jet915 wrote: If his recent Creighton offer is any indication, expect High-Major programs to get involved with Hazen.


Brings a tear to my eye. Because Creighton OFFERED, that means other high majors will get on the train. Did someone really argue we should have stayed in the MVC? Really?

That's like saying America should have stayed a British colony. I'm willing to make that exact comparison. Done.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:16 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
Jet915 wrote: If his recent Creighton offer is any indication, expect High-Major programs to get involved with Hazen.


Brings a tear to my eye. Because Creighton OFFERED, that means other high majors will get on the train. Did someone really argue we should have stayed in the MVC? Really?

That's like saying America should have stayed a British colony. I'm willing to make that exact comparison. Done.


But don't you miss getting drunk in St. Louis????? We are a high major boys!
Image
Jet915
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby Rasputin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:38 am

Jet915 wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:
Jet915 wrote: If his recent Creighton offer is any indication, expect High-Major programs to get involved with Hazen.


Brings a tear to my eye. Because Creighton OFFERED, that means other high majors will get on the train. Did someone really argue we should have stayed in the MVC? Really?

That's like saying America should have stayed a British colony. I'm willing to make that exact comparison. Done.


But don't you miss getting drunk in St. Louis????? We are a high major boys!


I think most of us will always have that "nostalgic" feeling when it comes to the MVC. Kind of like growing up in a small town, having a good time with the old pals and then getting that job offer where you move to the big city. St. Louis was fun, taking over the Knapp Center, long drives in blizzards to Cedar Falls were pretty damn fun, being verbally abused and borderline-threatened with bodily harm in Carbondale during the glory days were oddly enjoyable....but being status quo never led one to advancement. As much as the WSU faithful hate to admit, we WERE the big fish in the small pond and much of their success has been due to CU no longer being in the MVC. As much as we all can agree about the overall hilarity of their fanbase, one has to wonder how much longer they will tolerate being in the MVC, as well. Sure, they can run through the MVC and get to the tournament every year now, but you are still playing the majority of your games against Drake, Bradley, SIU, SMS, etc...the MVC is a dumpster fire and appears to be getting worse (athletic budgets especially, which makes what UNI is doing/has done even more impressive than WSU, IMO).

We are taking our lumps, but the payoff will be worth it and with the exception of DePaul, everybody else in the league is hellbent on building a monster.
User avatar
Rasputin
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 am
Location: Elkhorn

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Nostalgic for STL? The NCAA 1st and 2nd round will have one site in St Louis...hopefully the Jays will be there...just like old times.

For 2016: Brooklyn and Des Moines, two spots that have never hosted NCAA Tournament games, will get their first opportunity. Other cities getting nods for the first weekend in 2016: Providence, St. Louis, Raleigh, Oklahoma City, Denver and Spokane. The regionals that year (Sweet 16 and Elite Eight) will be played in Philadelphia, Chicago, Louisville and Anaheim.

KC is a regional site in 2017, Omaha is a regional site in 2018.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

I would take anywhere where we're not playing a virtual road game in the 2nd round.
User avatar
Eye of the Jay
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 am

Re: 2016 F Brachen Hazen (Offered)

Postby LJay » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Released from LOI by Central Florida due to coaching change. Doubt we have interest from here but throw it out as an FYI.
77 - 62
User avatar
LJay
 
Posts: 3119
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:49 am


Return to Recruiting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests