2016 SG Kevin Huerter (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 SG Kevin Huerter (Offered)

Postby jfan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:38 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:2016 PG Kevin Huerter just called in. Unofficial visits planned: Vill, SYR, ND, Mich, Maryland. Maybe Indiana, Iowa Creighton and MIA.

Nice to be on the list of all "name" schools.

Same thing with Rakocevic's final 10. Same type of list!
jfan

Postby mredle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:15 am

jfan wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:2016 PG Kevin Huerter just called in. Unofficial visits planned: Vill, SYR, ND, Mich, Maryland. Maybe Indiana, Iowa Creighton and MIA.

Nice to be on the list of all "name" schools.

As far as the Jays are concerned, might this reflect the fact that Coach Sellers has relocated to DePaul and Coach Murphy has replaced him and so things may be in a state of flux in terms of who on staff these kids are communicating with. I don't know, just asking the question.
mredle

Postby Realhoops » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 am

mredle wrote:
jfan wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:Nice to be on the list of all "name" schools.

As far as the Jays are concerned, might this reflect the fact that Coach Sellers has relocated to DePaul and Coach Murphy has replaced him and so things may be in a state of flux in terms of who on staff these kids are communicating with. I don't know, just asking the question.

How does a change in who on our staff might be communicating with these two make Creighton be listed along with a bunch of "name" schools in their final lists? Not following what you're saying.

I do think it's nice to continue seeing the Jays listed with these schools when kids are listing their choices, but when the list is 10+ it doesn't say a ton.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby mredle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:47 pm

As far as the Jays are concerned, might this reflect the fact that Coach Sellers has relocated to DePaul and Coach Murphy has replaced him and so things may be in a state of flux in terms of who on staff these kids are communicating with. I don't know, just asking the question.[/quote]

How does a change in who on our staff might be communicating with these two make Creighton be listed along with a bunch of "name" schools in their final lists? Not following what you're saying.

I do think it's nice to continue seeing the Jays listed with these schools when kids are listing their choices, but when the list is 10+ it doesn't say a ton.[/quote]

Let me put it this way: might we have been listed among the schools he definitely wanted to visit instead of those on the "maybe" list were it not for the change in who the principal recruiter is that is contacting the young man? Might this represent a wait and see attitude on Kevin's part as he sees how his relationship with a new coach develops? Might we have a good chance of moving up that top ten list as he gets to know Coach Murphy or one of the other coaches? Conversely, might we go down the list if things are otherwise?
mredle

Postby Realhoops » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:23 pm

mredle wrote:As far as the Jays are concerned, might this reflect the fact that Coach Sellers has relocated to DePaul and Coach Murphy has replaced him and so things may be in a state of flux in terms of who on staff these kids are communicating with. I don't know, just asking the question.

I do think it's nice to continue seeing the Jays listed with these schools when kids are listing their choices, but when the list is 10+ it doesn't say a ton.[/quote]

Let me put it this way: might we have been listed among the schools he definitely wanted to visit instead of those on the "maybe" list were it not for the change in who the principal recruiter is that is contacting the young man? Might this represent a wait and see attitude on Kevin's part as he sees how his relationship with a new coach develops? Might we have a good chance of moving up that top ten list as he gets to know Coach Murphy or one of the other coaches? Conversely, might we go down the list if things are otherwise?[/quote]

Gotcha. So you didn't mean that us being listed with all these name schools has anything to do with the transition in our coaching, but that our position could be better or worse if not for the transition. I didn't get that at all from what you were quoting and responding to. Thanks.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:01 pm

Great question irt to recruits out East. Fortunately, Coach Murphy has a good rep out East. That latest article (linked above) talked a great deal about the recent S'cuse offer. Huerter's interest in the "local" NY school was very apparent. Distance may prove to be the biggest factor in this case.

Rivals article today talks about his Maryland offer and also talks in depth about distance of schools factoring in his unofficial visit plans.

https://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1779849
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:32 pm

#80 in the latest Rivals rankings.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Jet915 wrote:Probably a long shot but we made his top 6....

http://yourcliftonpark.com/2015/08/08/kevin-huerter-narrows-list-of-suitors/

+1. Agree.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bleedblue » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 am

Definitely a long shot but weird coincidence that he said he could reclassify to 2017 if he loves a school that doesn't have room for him until then and with Creighton only losing 1 scholarship senior after this season there may be a chance.
bleedblue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting