TRANSFER :: Clayton Custer (Loyola-Chicago Verbal)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER :: Clayton Custer

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:46 pm

From Piv's weekly chat (http://www.omaha.com/creighton/bluejay- ... b49ac.html): "Had a player that is transferring from a Midwest university in over the weekend. Know they are trying to finalize a visit from another player that is from a Midwest university. With all the players that are on the free agent market, it would be silly of CU not to at least look at some guys. Now, bringing them in is another question in terms of everyone you add at this point, unless they agree to pay their own way for a year while sitting out, you have to subtract somebody."
Bluejay Bilas

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Bump (Above the unnecessary Artis thread)
hilltopalum

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Piv's chat today again had some nice recruiting nuggets. Info about Custer, Foster and the possibility of a scholarship-caliber player walking on.

Nice stuff about Patton, too.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:33 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Piv's chat today again had some nice recruiting nuggets. Info about Custer, Foster and the possibility of a scholarship-caliber player walking on.

I've gone back and forth on Custer. I love the idea of getting a PG to run the team after Watson graduates and he has 4 years to play 3, so could play one year with Watson and become our facilitating PG for the next 2.

The problem was the need for another guard who can play next year and the number of available scholarships and the fact that I like the guys we already have on the roster. But, with the potential of someone going walk-on, it means we may be able to make it all work.

Obviously, if Foster or someone higher up on the list would transfer that can change things, but adding Mulder and Custer would be a very good second recruiting season for us.
Chicagojayfan

Postby anotherjayfan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:36 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Piv's chat today again had some nice recruiting nuggets. Info about Custer, Foster and the possibility of a scholarship-caliber player walking on.

From Piv "Custer visited the weekend that the two junior college kids were in. From all indications, he liked what he saw."
anotherjayfan

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm a big fan if Custer. Timing would be perfect in that it would give us a ready made, true PG to take over after Watson is done. Having to sit out a year is no biggie to me because it is impossible for a coach to get all 13 (Or 14 if we have a walk on) significant playing time.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby taa71458 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:57 pm

CycloneInsiders: Iowa State transfer Clayton Custer tells CycloneInsiders he has 4 schools in mind. He's set tovisit Creighton/Loyola/Mizzou/Wichita State
taa71458

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:09 pm

He'd be a huge addition. He's a creighton type kid, much like Kreklow. We missed on Ricky a number of times, let's hope we don't miss on Clayton
hilltopalum

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Wichita is 2 over the limit now; wonder how they are still making offers. Mizzou is a mess. I wouldn't count out Loyola. Moser is doing a heck of a job there (24 wins this year), and he has a knack for recruiting.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Custer banned from

:: Big 12 Schools
:: Iowa
:: UNI

Shockers just dumped 3 players, so they have a roster spot open now.
hilltopalum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting