2015 JUCO SG Mychal Mulder (Kentucky Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 JUCO SG Mychal Mulder

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Yea, that's probably not good news. With Rozier announcing he's leaving, coupled with the fact that ZERO guys on their current roster can shoot from the outside, I'd be stunned if Pitino didn't offer and make him a priority.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:34 pm

taa71458 wrote:
R Jay wrote:
taa71458 wrote:Needed to get a verbal before he left.

Fair question, would you verbal if there wasn't a scholarship immediately available?

Fair question, would they offer him if they weren't going to make a scholarship available for him?

Exactly, this isn't like some of those offers we hear about in the summer or with rising HS Juniors. Another fair question: would you verbal to Creighton or a similarly situated program if you thought that one of the small handful of elite college hoops programs might make you an offer?

Nothing indicates that Mulder has something less than an immediately committable CU offer. The staff knew that Louisville had interest in him, and it would be recruiting malpractice for a school like Creighton to not seek an on-the-spot verbal in a situation where a blue-blood program is potentially ready to offer.

If Louisville makes no offer or really slow plays it, our chances seem decent. If Pitino tells Mulder that the Cards have a scholarship for him, we essentially have zero chance. Unless it's for some hypothetical Omaha player or a player with strong family ties to Creighton, we're not beating a blue-blood program for a recruit. Maybe at some point in the future, that might be an occasional possibility. But not now.

Mulder should ask Akoy about his time in The Ville. Of course, our spots have been filled for quite some time, too. The players he’d have to beat out there are more talented that ours, but fans can't get too worked up about oversigning or an overabundance of talent elsewhere, when we seem to be doing the same thing in the Spring as most everyone else.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Interesting that the younger Pitino offered a few days ago and now he's going to visit Louisville.....was hoping the elder Pitino wasn't interested but I guess not or maybe he told Minnesota he's not interested and so the elder Pitino went back in. :evil:
Jet915

Postby R Jay » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:38 pm

taa71458 wrote:
R Jay wrote:
taa71458 wrote:Needed to get a verbal before he left.

Fair question, would you verbal if there wasn't a scholarship immediately available?

Fair question, would they offer him if they weren't going to make a scholarship available for him?

My bad. Stupid response.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Jeremyhauer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Louisville SO. guard, Anton Gill is transferring. He had a couple of big buckets in their win over NC State. I would be surprised if Mulder isn't offered on his visit to Louisville.
Jeremyhauer

Postby jfan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:54 pm

They just had 3 scholarships open up, so they will offer. Tough to compete with Bluebloods until we have more tournament success. We can only hope he really bonded with people while he was here, but not a good sign that he went to Louisville from here!
jfan

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Pitino also after Senior transfer Trey Lewis, 6-2 SG from Cleveland State playing next year. Would be direct competition for Mulder.
hilltopalum

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:21 pm

There is a new insider article by a Louisville writer which I couldn't get access to except the first two sentences and it said Mulder was "impressed" with his Louisville visit and he's currently in a "holding pattern" regarding his recruitment until he gets word from Pitino on how the Cardinals roster will shakeout and whether he fits in or not......
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Jet915 wrote:There is a new insider article by a Louisville writer which I couldn't get access to except the first two sentences and it said Mulder was "impressed" with his Louisville visit and he's currently in a "holding pattern" regarding his recruitment until he gets word from Pitino on how the Cardinals roster will shakeout and whether he fits in or not......

Back to square one on this recruitment. It's been obvious he's wanted Louisville from the beginning. Of course all of this would be a moot point if his JUCO coach would have allowed him to commit to Wichita back in the fall.
Chicagojayfan

Postby JayPak » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Wichita is 2 scholarships over, 3 if Frankamp was offered, which was unclear publicly. Of course, numbers won't be a problem if 3G leaves as it will be bye-bye Baker and FVV (probably), and recruits (definitely).
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting