2015 JUCO SG Mychal Mulder (Kentucky Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 JUCO SG Mychal Mulder

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:45 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:
westojay wrote:This team is void of talent to win in this league

Nonsense. You don't know what we really have, because with unseen transfers, incoming freshmen, and redshirts nobody does, and besides that we could have wound up in the tournament with slightly better play.

We were 4-14 in league play. We were not close to the tournament.
Jet915

Postby westojay » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:52 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:

Nonsense. You don't know what we really have, because with unseen transfers, incoming freshmen, and redshirts nobody does, and besides that we could have wound up in the tournament with slightly better play.

Watson and Huff will be fine, but it will take more than that to compete in upper half of conference. I would not expect any of the incoming freshmen to come in and make a big difference in their first year. We already know what we have with the returning players. Could have made the tournament with slightly better play? I think it was fairly obvious that lack of talent was one of main reasons that kept us out. We need to win next year, the coaches realize that, hence they are still recruiting for next year. Maybe I don't know what we really have, but the coaches do.. and they obviously aren't satisfied.
westojay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:21 pm

westojay wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:

Watson and Huff will be fine, but it will take more than that to compete in upper half of conference. I would not expect any of the incoming freshmen to come in and make a big difference in their first year. We already know what we have with the returning players. Could have made the tournament with slightly better play? I think it was fairly obvious that lack of talent was one of main reasons that kept us out. We need to win next year, the coaches realize that, hence they are still recruiting for next year. Maybe I don't know what we really have, but the coaches do.. and they obviously aren't satisfied.

I disagree on the talent assessment.

If we were looking for a wholesale change, we wouldn't be looking at just guards (and mostly combo guards), we'd be looking for other things as well. As I said before, given what we are looking for and given the lack of experienced guards we have, it's clear to me that we want more depth at guard and specifically we want a combo guard to replace the role that Brooks had.
Chicagojayfan

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 pm

'I would not expect any of the incoming freshmen to make a big difference?'

How do you even know this? There is a bunch of PT up for grabs, our returning players are not Big East material (according to some), and yet no freshmen will make a big difference?

If all that is true we are in some pretty deep shinola because Wop and Huff can't carry a team in the BE by themselves.
Last edited by HandDownManDown on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HandDownManDown

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Jet915 wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:

We were 4-14 in league play. We were not close to the tournament.

We lost a ton of games by a possession or two. Its not that big of a stretch to say one or two impact players could have made a huge difference.

The negativity on this board is stifling.
HandDownManDown

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:49 pm

For those obsessing about player departures, I want to remind you of the Andre Yates situation. Andre transferred and there was no public statement, no press release, no nothing. I remember Mac being asked about it after the fact and he said, "We honored Andre's wishes on how to handle it. He decided it would be best awhile ago, but he didn't want any public statement; he wanted to keep it quiet."

Whatever we might ultimately discover, it is entirely possible it has already been determined and discussed among the parties.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:[
The negativity on this board is stifling.

How about allowing people to voice their opinions? This is an internet message board. If you don't want to read thoughts or comments you don't agree with then don't visit this site. Or, put all those you deem to have unworthy opinions on your ignore list
Jaysker12

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Lol

My biggest problem with posts like westo's is they almost never have any concrete reasoning behind them, while guys like Chicagojayfan write several paragraphs debunking that thinking. Then it pops up again reasoning free.

Well, as you say, it's a message board, and I will continue to do as I please. But thanks.
HandDownManDown

Postby westojay » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:08 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Lol

My biggest problem with posts like westo's is they almost never have any concrete reasoning behind them, while guys like Chicagojayfan write several paragraphs debunking that thinking. Then it pops up again reasoning free.

Well, as you say, it's a message board, and I will continue to do as I please. But thanks.

Ok so maybe the coaches are wrong for continuing to look for better talent for next season. I guess some of us know better than they do. Unless you are Kentucky or Duke, I don't think its wise to expect immediate difference making contributions out of 4 freshmen going into the next season. I like the 4 we have coming in next year, but no way am I going to put high expectations on them for next season. Meanwhile, I am done going on about this on Mulder's thread.
westojay

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:27 pm

I realize I'm being totally pissy, and that yes people should be able to spout opinions; however, after four months of Chicken Little behavior from some posters, I'm just totally sick of hearing whining while hearing next to nothing concrete as to why that point of view should be taken seriously, at least that's what I am thinking as I read it.

I actually never said that the staff shouldn't try to upgrade, my original point was that we shouldn't be so cavalier about cheering on the departures of players.

My other point stands: nobody knows what we have, and if we don't have anyone step up, we are in for another long season.
HandDownManDown

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting