TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:50 am

I've got to believe wherever Foster goes he will be dedicated to shed the stigma he's been labeled with this year, as a me-first type player. I've followed him for awhile and he does not seem to be that kind of person.
hilltopalum

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 am

Jaysker12 wrote:Did Marcus not play primarily with the ball in his hands for K-state? That's my only concern if he were to come here, that he and Maurice would be our two best guards, presumably, and they'd have to learn to share the court. He's talented enough that you take him if you can and make it work down the road.

i think a big part of that might have been weber's inability to coach offense

if they were going to score - it was because of what foster was able to do with the basketball - not necessarily by the action they run

Mac's pretty good at being able to at least manufacture opportunities for guys - we just weren't able to capitalize on those this year.
cujaysfan

Postby section202jay » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 am

It'll be interesting to see what happens here.
section202jay

Postby Duke1Agn » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:00 am

Well, so much for that "slow period" after the season. These next few weeks should be pretty interesting. Trent, Mulder, Foster. Any of those would be a great addition.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby ictjay » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:48 pm

ictjay wrote:Really...The problem lies with his concern about the next level and getting his game ready.
Doubtful he is going to sit out a full year at this point.

Odd situation. Hearing he's going pro, going to SMU. Get a waiver? Didn't see revoking schollies coming.
ictjay

Postby Panhandle Jay » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:00 pm

I love free agency period. 8-)
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Saw on twitter some of the talking heads saying Marcus may be able to play next year if he was run off.
fritzpointer

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:37 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Saw on twitter some of the talking heads saying Marcus may be able to play next year if he was run off.

That (NCAA transfer rules) is a tough nut to crack. Dismissals fall under individual university rules, with perhaps some conference tidbits thrown in. The NCAA rarely interferes or gets involved with that stuff. Bottom line, if the "student athlete" was in good academic standing at his school, then leaves - plans to transfer to another Div 1 school, he faces the NCAA transfer rules. Up til now, only the family hardship transfer and the graduate transfer have "beat the system".

If there is another wrinkle that can be exercised, great? Most likely Marcus will have to sit out a year, regardless of where he lands.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby cu8493 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:00 am

Thought I read somewhere not to long ago that NCAA was going to do away with the hardship exception. If you transfer you sit out a year, period (except for graduates). Could be wrong, but I think it was in the paper sometime ago.
cu8493

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am

You are correct. I believe it takes effect in 2016, although i may have misread it.

C'mon Marcus... Come home to Creighton. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting