TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Postby Dundee Hipster » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:18 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
section202jay wrote:If players reach close to their potential, this lineup really excites me for 2016-17:

Watson
Foster
Harrell
Huff
Patton

I know it's on paper, which is dangerous to get too excited about - but really take a look at this line-up. Foster, Watson and Huff have very high floors. Meaning, even if they don't quite meet expectations, I think they are still going to be solid players. It's difficult to see any of them being a "bust," based on past performance. They've already proven they belong, and now they'll all be older, stronger and wiser. They'll each have had more than a year of practice in the system, too, which shouldn't be understated. These kids won't be adapting on the fly to a new environment, i.e. living in Omaha, attending a tough college, getting to know the coaches, getting to know the media, etc. That has significant value, in my opinion.

But screw the floor. Let's aim higher. When you consider the experience, athleticism, proven performance, shooting and leadership they could bring to the table...HOLY SHIT! That's a strong threesome to be leading a team.

And then there's Harrell and Patton. We have no idea of their floors, but their ceilings could be through the roof, which wouldn't make it a ceiling anymore. They could be busts, or all-conference players. We really have no idea right now. But let's say they come in and live up to the hype. That starting 5...it's worth saying again. HOLY SHIT!

What would be our weakness? I'd say post physicality. Other teams might be able to offensive rebound more than we'd like. But on the perimeter, we'd be much improved. It's tough to have both.

On paper, four of the five could shoot over 38% from 3-point range, which would be awesome. We could have a Top 15 NCAA shooting team from three, with wayyyy more athleticism than the Doug McD teams had.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself. And I hate getting this excited about a team on paper, but it's too late...I'm this excited about a team on paper.

Oh, and next year looks good too! :)

I agree I hate getting ahead of ourselves and being THAT fan base that predicts big things for recruits. But there are three proven track records of Division 1 success with the main three. That lineup doesn't even include fringe starters like Hegner and Zierden. It'll be a nice senior filled team come 16-17. I'm excited about Khyri Thomas too. At worst he'll be an athletic guard for us, which is needed.

Our problem could be an old nemesis though.... Defense. Hopefully the increase in athleticism will help though.
Dundee Hipster

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:35 pm

b-jay fan wrote:
slaw wrote:

Here is the direct link to the Foster content:

https://soundcloud.com/game-time-with-n ... off-042215

The tone of this beat writer from the KC Star couldn't have been different than that of the beat writer the Bluejay Banter Guys had on during Monday's show (who seemed like he blamed Marcus for everything that went down at K-State). No matter what, it's pretty clear the coach is responsible for losing 6 or 7 players who would be eligible next season for one reason or the other. I'm really excited Marcus is here and by all accounts it seems like he is ready to get to work, hopefully learning from what Mo and Cole did this past year in competing hard as a scout team member to improve the team and also improve yourself.

Nick was speaking with Blair Kirkhoff, one of the Senior KC Star sportswriters with long-time coverage of the Big 12. Blair is an excellent sportwriter and evenhanded in his coverage - one of the best in the midwest. I'll take heed to Blair's version of what went on vs that of a cub reporter such as Mr. Robinett.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby RVB » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Earlier recruiting bond helps Bluejay basketball land transfer Marcus Foster

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/earlier- ... ad69a.html
RVB

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:39 am

Blurb from an earlier fan post:
"I've never seen a guard as physically talented as him play for Creighton."

Marcus has some Ben Walker in his game...although Marcus is more of a volume scorer than Ben was.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... n-maryland

Jeff Goodman's final Tranfer rankings:

Marcus is #5 overall and the #2 non-grad transfer on Goodman's list. :)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Jet915

Postby CU4LIFE » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:05 pm

CU4LIFE

Previous

Return to Recruiting