TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Postby Panhandle Jay » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Foster's commitment is a huge shot in the arm for the program and the fanbase after this past season.

Welcome to Creighton, Marcus.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Did it ever come out why he was kicked off of Kansas state?

Just attitude problems? Violation of team rules? Or was there anything illegal?

It's not often a player of his talent gets dismissed. What's the story?
hoyahooligan

Postby jpinkham3 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:30 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Did it ever come out why he was kicked off of Kansas state?

The story, allegedly, is that he instagrammed or tweeted a photo during spring break or something showing that he was drunk and the caption for the photo was something about him being "lit." I like Nick Bahe's take - oh no, college kids drink, how terrible. I doubt that the photo was the real reason for his dismissal - I don't think Foster and Weber got along very well - but I also don't care.

We got him.
Follow me on Twitter: @BluejayBuff
jpinkham3

Postby JaysLifer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 pm

jpinkham3 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Did it ever come out why he was kicked off of Kansas state?

The story, allegedly, is that he instagrammed or tweeted a photo during spring break or something showing that he was drunk and the caption for the photo was something about him being "lit." I like Nick Bahe's take - oh no, college kids drink, how terrible. I doubt that the photo was the real reason for his dismissal - I don't think Foster and Weber got along very well - but I also don't care.

We got him.

Agreed. I doubt Bruce Weber's dog gets along with Bruce Weber. That guy is terrible.
JaysLifer

Postby Jays26 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Agreed. I doubt Bruce Weber's dog gets along with Bruce Weber. That guy is terrible.

I love BW........He's on my Christmas Card list now! :D
Jays26

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:47 pm

hilltopalum

Postby slaw » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 pm

slaw

Postby b-jay fan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:45 am

slaw wrote:

Here is the direct link to the Foster content:

https://soundcloud.com/game-time-with-n ... off-042215

The tone of this beat writer from the KC Star couldn't have been different than that of the beat writer the Bluejay Banter Guys had on during Monday's show (who seemed like he blamed Marcus for everything that went down at K-State). No matter what, it's pretty clear the coach is responsible for losing 6 or 7 players who would be eligible next season for one reason or the other. I'm really excited Marcus is here and by all accounts it seems like he is ready to get to work, hopefully learning from what Mo and Cole did this past year in competing hard as a scout team member to improve the team and also improve yourself.
b-jay fan

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:41 pm

section202jay wrote:If players reach close to their potential, this lineup really excites me for 2016-17:

Watson
Foster
Harrell
Huff
Patton

I know it's on paper, which is dangerous to get too excited about - but really take a look at this line-up. Foster, Watson and Huff have very high floors. Meaning, even if they don't quite meet expectations, I think they are still going to be solid players. It's difficult to see any of them being a "bust," based on past performance. They've already proven they belong, and now they'll all be older, stronger and wiser. They'll each have had more than a year of practice in the system, too, which shouldn't be understated. These kids won't be adapting on the fly to a new environment, i.e. living in Omaha, attending a tough college, getting to know the coaches, getting to know the media, etc. That has significant value, in my opinion.

But screw the floor. Let's aim higher. When you consider the experience, athleticism, proven performance, shooting and leadership they could bring to the table...HOLY SHIT! That's a strong threesome to be leading a team.

And then there's Harrell and Patton. We have no idea of their floors, but their ceilings could be through the roof, which wouldn't make it a ceiling anymore. They could be busts, or all-conference players. We really have no idea right now. But let's say they come in and live up to the hype. That starting 5...it's worth saying again. HOLY SHIT!

What would be our weakness? I'd say post physicality. Other teams might be able to offensive rebound more than we'd like. But on the perimeter, we'd be much improved. It's tough to have both.

On paper, four of the five could shoot over 38% from 3-point range, which would be awesome. We could have a Top 15 NCAA shooting team from three, with wayyyy more athleticism than the Doug McD teams had.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself. And I hate getting this excited about a team on paper, but it's too late...I'm this excited about a team on paper.

Oh, and next year looks good too! :)
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting