TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Postby RVB » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:20 am

Kansas State transfer Marcus Foster picks Creighton

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/kansas-s ... d367a.html
RVB

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:12 am

We are becoming the Iowa State of the Big East. I like it! 8-) #TransferU
OmahaGuy

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:22 am

OmahaGuy wrote:We are becoming the Iowa State of the Big East. I like it! 8-) #TransferU

our staff is killing it with guys who have been in the game long enough to realize that brand names, location, shiny stuff (although, we've got some of that too), etc. is not as important as fit, program culture, and coaches dedicated to player development

HDMD, thanks for the defense a couple pages back (pointing out that I've been one of many to express concerns).
Bluejay Bilas

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
OmahaGuy wrote:We are becoming the Iowa State of the Big East. I like it! 8-) #TransferU

our staff is killing it with guys who have been in the game long enough to realize that brand names, location, shiny stuff (although, we've got some of that too), etc. is not as important as fit, program culture, and coaches dedicated to player development

HDMD, thanks for the defense a couple pages back (pointing out that I've been one of many to express concerns).

No problem. You absolutely hit the nail on the head regarding fit, culture, and coaches dedicated to developing their players. Maybe if players these days would look for the right FIT and right CULTURE, there wouldn't be so many transfers in college basketball lately. Although I'm glad we're taking advantage of this defection epidemic by getting some very good players. Go Jays!
OmahaGuy

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:01 am

Not to mention our staff has done a great job with developing redshirts. Can't wait to see how Mo, Cole, and Ronnie developed during their redshirt years. I follow Clint Parks (One of Cole's coaches) on twitter and he can't stop RAVING about him and the staff of how much better he's gotten during this year being on the scout team.
OmahaGuy

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 am

ictjay wrote:
Jays26 wrote:So what is the latest?

Is there any smoke here?????

??? He will not be at CU at anytime if that's what you are asking.

:o

Oh great and wise one: do we have any shot at Jucos Mulder or Spight?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Getting Foster, the player, was awesome. I also loved the publicity Creighton got out of it. I think Foster's story (good and bad) is known nationally. Even your casual hoops fan is familiar with the talent and the situation. When we signed Huff, Watson or any of our incoming freshmen, it wasn't ESPN lead material on the ticker. This was. To see "K-State's Marcus Foster chooses Creighton" scrolling across the TV screen was great, and probably caused a few jaws to hit the floor. I think this was an important step in legitimizing nationally what we know locally - we have a very good thing happening in Omaha.

Foster might be the most nationally-known and recognized Creighton commit of the past 30 years. That's a cool thing to have happened, especially coming off one of our worst seasons of the past 30 years.

Final thought: Kudos to Huff and Watson for their role in this. I've heard they did some work to make it happen. They are living what Foster will have to live for the next 16 months. How awesome is it that two players who haven't played a minute on the court already think so much of the program, that they are making an impact in this unique way? I have a feeling I am going to be very big fans of those two...
vivid_dude

Postby yeti47 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:10 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Getting Foster, the player, was awesome. I also loved the publicity Creighton got out of it. I think Foster's story (good and bad) is known nationally. Even your casual hoops fan is familiar with the talent and the situation. When we signed Huff, Watson or any of our incoming freshmen, it wasn't ESPN lead material on the ticker. This was. To see "K-State's Marcus Foster chooses Creighton" scrolling across the TV screen was great, and probably caused a few jaws to hit the floor. I think this was an important step in legitimizing nationally what we know locally - we have a very good thing happening in Omaha.

Foster might be the most nationally-known and recognized Creighton commit of the past 30 years. That's a cool thing to have happened, especially coming off one of our worst seasons of the past 30 years.

Final thought: Kudos to Huff and Watson for their role in this. I've heard they did some work to make it happen. They are living what Foster will have to live for the next 16 months. How awesome is it that two players who haven't played a minute on the court already think so much of the program, that they are making an impact in this unique way? I have a feeling I am going to be very big fans of those two...

This times 1000 power. This signing builds the brand. That's what the move to the big east started and foster signs continues. 10-20 year old future creighton prospects were reading that on the bottom line. The more interest it generates.
yeti47

Postby westojay » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:11 pm

vivid_dude wrote:

+1
We will all be fans of those two. They are great leaders and very driven for this team to succeed.
westojay

Postby section202jay » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Watson has been a leader and it will definitely show this upcoming season on the court.

If players reach close to their potential, this lineup really excites me for 2016-17:

Watson
Foster
Harrell
Huff
Patton
section202jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting