TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster (Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER :: Marcus Foster

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Last time around - no visit.

Prophetic post.

hilltopalum↓
Re: 2013 SG Marcus Foster (Offered)
Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 am
Foster reminds me of a player it would be a good idea to be nice to right now. We could see him pop up on Goodman's transfer list in a year or two.

Again -- just stunned, thought he was going to be a Jay.

Last time around - we had to pick up 2 Juco guards (Devin & James ) to fill in on missing Marcus & Kendall.

This time Marcus... B A Bluejay!
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby yeti47 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:34 pm

LSU in hot pursuit right now. I'm sure a paycheck to play is being offered.
yeti47

Postby MDS » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:50 am

*Deleted.
MDS

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 am

Barring a Mulder miracle, Foster seems like a must get at this point.

I do wish based on my limited research that the staff would have gone harder with respect to Reed, the Robert Morris transfer. His D-1 stats were more impressive than Mulder or Trent's Juco stats, IMO. If the staff again ends up with no chips after its latest apparent "all in" moves, there's no reasonable sugar coating of what's happened since Watson and Huff committed.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby R Jay » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:25 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Barring a Mulder miracle, Foster seems like a must get at this point.

I do wish based on my limited research that the staff would have gone harder with respect to Reed, the Robert Morris transfer. His D-1 stats were more impressive than Mulder or Trent's Juco stats, IMO. If the staff again ends up with no chips after its latest apparent "all in" moves, there's no reasonable sugar coating of what's happened since Watson and Huff committed.

Patton?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby b-jay fan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Barring a Mulder miracle, Foster seems like a must get at this point.

Step off the ledge, man. Your dead horse is sufficiently beaten. Looking at our roster next year, assuming no regression occurs in terms of individual player's abilities, we are better at every single position than we were a year ago as currently situated. If we add Foster and/or Custer for the following year, we now have maintained that roster improvement for a couple more years. Not every program gets every recruit they are after. You may be disappointed we haven't gotten the "name" recruits, but it's not like we haven't gotten looks. We just need to prove it a bit more on the court. In my opinion, championship centers don't change your recruiting game, it's winning. We are setup for a 20 win season next year with very little attrition for the following year.
b-jay fan

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 am

R Jay wrote:

Patton?

Change it to since "Patton" committed, then.

Re: the "Step off the ledge, man." comments. I'm not on any ledge. Clearly, those of us who have been pessimistic about the recruiting missteps and those who think all is well are not going to be able to agree on much, right now. I'm all for letting this actually play out during our next couple of seasons, but message boards are open for discussion 24/7, 365. I've watched far more failure than success on the recruiting front for quite a few months, and my comments reflect that (if you could go back and look at all my posts on this board from day one, you'd see many, many instances where I was a rational voice in the midst of a losing streak or recruiting loss). Some of these failures are to be expected, but it seems like the coaches keep trying the same tactics with little success. At some point, does the slow playing and dozens of "offers" play poorly with HS/AAU coaches or prospective recruits and parents? Maybe the recruiting game's so messed up that all participants expect slow playing, changing stories, and the like.

And back to the ledge, I sense that the staff's long been more on the ledge and more panicked than posters like me.
Last edited by Bluejay Bilas on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby yeti47 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:14 am

The henny penny attitude is understandable. But look at it this way. 4 years ago we were losing recruits to Bradley nebraska iona etc. Now we are losing/competing with recruits to Kentucky michigan state Louisville etc. Losing high recruits sucks. But we are new to the whole 4-5 star game. Let's lock up foster call it good
yeti47

Postby Jeremyhauer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 am

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
R Jay wrote:

Patton?

Change it to since "Patton" committed, then.

Re: the "Step off the ledge, man." comments. I'm not on any ledge. Clearly, those of us who have been pessimistic about the recruiting missteps and those who think all is well are not going to be able to agree on much, right now. I'm all for letting this actually play out during our next couple of seasons, but message boards are open for discussion 24/7, 365. I've watched far more failure than success on the recruiting front for quite a few months, and my comments reflect that (if you could go back and look at all my posts on this board from day one, you'd see many, many instances where I was a rational voice in the midst of a losing streak or recruiting loss). Some of these failures are to be expected, but it seems like the coaches keep trying the same tactics with little success. At some point, does the slow playing and dozens of "offers" play poorly with HS/AAU coaches or prospective recruits and parents? Maybe the recruiting game's so messed up that all participants expect slow playing, changing stories, and the like.

And back the ledge, I sense that the staff's long been more on the ledge and more panicked than posters like me.

Well said. People's outlooks can vary. Jays' fans just want the best for their beloved Jays. Remember the Jays are coming off one of their worst seasons in recent history. All people involved in the program don't want last years experience to be a regular thing. If you don't think the staff, players, and fans alike don't have a sense of urgency on getting things back on track, I think you're mistaken.
Jeremyhauer

Postby jfan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:34 am

On 24/7 recruiting, the last two years we have been ranked 45th (6th BE) and 50th (4th BE) in the country in recruiting. We have never been that high before. I understand that Leon is now gone, but these rankings don't take into account Martin K, or the two transfers (who will start next year). This year's ranking also doesn't take into account any other commits this year. It is very painful to lose recruiting battles. We all get our hopes up and then we miss! But we are now competing for a different level of recruit and the competition is much more severe. There will be more lost recruiting battles. Given our lack of tournament success and our record last year, we are doing very well on the recruiting front. That doesn't make missing out on recruits any less painful, but until we get a higher national profile, we are going to lose (most of the time) to Michigan State, Kentucky and other high profile schools. I am nervous about future recruiting, because we haven't quite reached a level of national recognition we need to win these battles, but I am also very optimistic that the talent we will put on the floor the next two years will go a long way in solidifying our national reputation as a top program!
jfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting