2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Postby SchlegelsPenthouse » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:27 pm

http://youtu.be/Gr65isNIGfk

In this video at around 40 seconds you can see some more of his "bounce". Looks like the kid can elevate. Would like to see what his shot looks like.
SchlegelsPenthouse

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:30 pm

It would sure be nice to see some game tape on Martin. Hope more info comes soon. Welcome to CU Martin.
fritzpointer

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:29 am

With Martin being a little older does anyone know if he needs the credits from Prep School to qualify or could he enroll at CU for the 2nd Semester?
fritzpointer

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:57 pm

http://www.basketballengland.co.uk/uplo ... llenge.pdf

He is brand new to the US. Needed the prep school so he can have a year in residence in the US. He may also have needed the prep year to fill in
any gaps in his transcript? US requires courses that some Euro countries don't require.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Anything on Martin? ANYTHING???
ZMagic30

Postby R Jay » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I don't think he's attending a high school and unless Impact Academy fields a team, I doubt we're going to see much (if any) of him until Bluejay Madness next year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:32 pm

R Jay wrote:I don't think he's attending a high school and unless Impact Academy fields a team, I doubt we're going to see much (if any) of him until Bluejay Madness next year.

I thought they had a team and were sort of a full time basketball camp/prep school.
Chicagojayfan

Postby fritzpointer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 am

Question for hilltop, with so little info on Martin will he be ready to contribute from day one?
fritzpointer

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:15 am

fritzpointer wrote:Question for hilltop, with so little info on Martin will he be ready to contribute from day one?

Hopefully Hilltop will weigh in as well, but here are my thoughts. I think he will contribute from day 1 for a few reasons:

1. He's older than the average incoming Frosh. I believe he's 19 now and will be 20 when he gets to campus.
2. His goal is to play professionally. He may want to get his degree and he may want to test the waters here to see how high he can go in the professional ranks. He may not be NBA, but he's likely to be playing somewhere for a check by the time he finishes.. In fact -
3. He already had a pro contract but he left before starting to come to the states -- to give us an idea of his talent level, the Krka team roster also includes

- Chris Booker from Purdue (All Big 10 honorable mention)
- Malcolm Armstead (Oregon and Wichita State)
- Wangmene Alexis (Texas and has bounced around NBA D league and summer leagues a couple of times)

In general the local guys may not be at the talent level of the imports, but that's a good benchmark in terms of talent. Prior to taking that contract he played for Krka II (sees like their developmental team) and for the U18 Slovenian team. He's faced some older guys and some talented guys, so I think the odds are good he's coming in with a good experience level to play in the BE from day 1
4. Mac's comments tell me he's a player (from the OWH article):

"Krampelj, who has a seven-foot wingspan, has a prototypical European playing style, Creighton coach Greg McDermott said.
“He can handle the ball, he can pass the ball, he can shoot the ball,” McDermott said. “He has very good bounce. I think he can play the small forward or the power forward positions. We’ll be able to move him around.
“I was impressed with his desire to become the best possible basketball player he could be. He’s ready to go to work.’’"

given our need at the 3 and 4 (Huff and Hegner are the two most likely players there) we need a guy like Martin to get minutes right off the bat.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jeremyhauer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Does anybody have anything new on Krampelj? It doesn't look like any of the recruiting services have updated his profile. I'm a little disappointed the recruiting services still seem to have the bare minimum when it comes to Krampelj. I was hoping someone would have seen him play (and give him at least a couple of stars) given that his season is probably half over. I'm starting to find it pretty comical that still nobody seems to know much about him. You never know what you're going to get when it comes to incoming recruits, but my guy Martin Krampelj is the ultimate mystery man. I almost feel fortunate to have seen what seems to be some extremely rare footage of the guy. :lol:
Jeremyhauer

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting