2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:10 am

This is the only clip I've been able to find (his name is spelled differently here, but it's him) -- I'd say "bounce" is a good adjective to describe him on this dunk.

WBR Tom

Postby Jet915 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:35 am

Duke1Agn wrote:I'm starting to think we got another steal here.

This kid was the leading scorer for the Slovenian U18 National Team. Slovenia has produced some pretty good NBA talent compared to other European countries (Goran Dragic, Beno Udrih, Sasha Vujacic, Primoz Brezec and others). Before coming to the states a month and a half ago, he had an offer to sign a pro contract with the top team in Slovenia (Malcolm Armstead currently plays for them, as well as Chris Booker of Purdue).

The fact that he picked up three major offers in less than two months in the US tells me that coaches were quick to realize he was really good. West Virginia and Virginia Tech both have coaches who recruit at a high level and they both offered.

Finally, when is the last time you've ever heard a Creighton coach describe a player as having "bounce"? Let alone a 6'8 G/F with a 6'11" wingspan? That's a type of guy we haven't really had at Creighton in long time.

While I agree that the staff has a good eye for finding talent and I hope they found one in kramplj, there is no documentation anywhere linking vtech or wvu to him.....not saying its not true though but that is odd.
Jet915

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 am

There was no documentation linking him to Creighton either before he visited last weekend. That means nothing. The kid has been here for a month and a half, and most recruiting services hadn't even heard of him yet. That's why there is no "offer list" or anything published.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 am

DraftExpress thought enough of him to give him a page though. Since he never played there's nothing on it, but he has one.
HandDownManDown

Postby Jet915 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:41 am

Just saying I couldn't find anything from vtech or wvu sites about him, that's all
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:50 am

Jet915 wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:I'm starting to think we got another steal here.

This kid was the leading scorer for the Slovenian U18 National Team. Slovenia has produced some pretty good NBA talent compared to other European countries (Goran Dragic, Beno Udrih, Sasha Vujacic, Primoz Brezec and others). Before coming to the states a month and a half ago, he had an offer to sign a pro contract with the top team in Slovenia (Malcolm Armstead currently plays for them, as well as Chris Booker of Purdue).

The fact that he picked up three major offers in less than two months in the US tells me that coaches were quick to realize he was really good. West Virginia and Virginia Tech both have coaches who recruit at a high level and they both offered.

Finally, when is the last time you've ever heard a Creighton coach describe a player as having "bounce"? Let alone a 6'8 G/F with a 6'11" wingspan? That's a type of guy we haven't really had at Creighton in long time.

While I agree that the staff has a good eye for finding talent and I hope they found one in kramplj, there is no documentation anywhere linking vtech or wvu to him.....not saying its not true though but that is odd.

FWIW, Kramplj mentioned the offers in the Pivovar article.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:56 am

i'd think that any other school would take the same approach that we did - not just low key - but no key

if a staff thought they could steal a kid that no one knew about - i'd think the MO would be to keep a tight a lid on everything as possible so as not to tip anyone off

hopefully his school plays some decent competition so we can learn more about him
cujaysfan

Postby LJay » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 am

Yes, I think we can take it as gold if a kid says "I have offers from ...." versus some Internet wonk saying it. ;)
89 - 60
LJay

Postby cu8493 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 am

HandDownManDown wrote:Is Krampelj going to an actual school, or is that place just an amped up training facility?

Here is what their website says:

Comprehensive college preparatory academic curriculum
Fully-accredited 7-9 month high-school and post-graduate programs
Individualized academic schedule to address each studentMs needs
SAT and ACT test prep courses

It also says that 83% of their graduates are playing DI, II or III basketball. Didn't see a breakdown beyond that. I think the NCAA really looked into these academies several years ago and my hunch is that if there were any issues with it then coach would know about that. But it's purpsoe is clearly to get its students basketball scholarships
cu8493

Postby taa71458 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Seems like the team doesn't even have much footage on him. Both Justin and Marlon's "Welcome to Creighton" tweets had them in full high school gear/action. Martin's picture is just him holding Doug's Naismith Jersey in Mac's office. Who knows though, maybe that picture is from the future and he actually will be winning the Naismith award.
taa71458

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting