2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Postby westojay » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:57 pm

How do you pronounce his last name ?
westojay

Re: 2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Postby ictjay » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Been searching the net for a week and all I could find other than being a bit player for the U18 National team in 2012 is below:

POSTED BY:
EUROBASKET NEWS
follow us on Facebook Twitter

Martin
Krampelj

19-year old domestic small forward Martin Krampelj (203-95) left Krka Novo Mesto (Telemach League). Krampelj played at Krka last season. He tallied 9.2ppg and 4.2rpg for the junior team. His team made it to the U18 Championships Semifinals in 2013. Krampelj represented Slovenia at the European Championships U18 in Lithuania two years ago. His stats at that event were 4 games: 2.8ppg.
Krampelj has played previously for another Slovenian team Grosuplje.
ictjay

Postby minakirogue » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Hope he is a sleeper steal for us, but hard to gauge this at all with nothing to go by. Really would like to see more of him.
minakirogue

Postby ictjay » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Also found a few box scores which Martin scored 26, 24 and 18. He's a player.
ictjay

Postby Duke1Agn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:10 pm

He was apparently the leading scorer for Slovenia's U18 national team. I'm assuming he was injured or sick during the European Championships.
Last edited by Duke1Agn on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby R Jay » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:10 pm

I'd wager he scrimmaged with the team like Patton, Stewart, and other recruits we had in. If he didn't impress (both on the court and off the court) than we're not talking this right now. That is enough for me.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby slaw » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:25 pm

westojay wrote:How do you pronounce his last name ?

(KAR-li-KA-no-VAS)
slaw

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Wonder who brought him to our staff's attention. Sellers has been our primary Florida recruiter, right?

I would think that ever since they first scouted Krampelj, the staff's been trying to stay as quiet as possible about him to minimize the chances of someone else getting too interested or serious before signing day.

He'll be 20 before he starts his Freshmen season. From what I can tell, based on the redshirting, the transfer focus, and the apparent preference for Krampelj over some of the second tier HS recruits, the staff values physical maturity and experience. If you're limited in your ability to sign multiple 4 or 5 star guys out of HS, surely that is one way to compete against teams with more on-paper talent. Shoot for the stars with 2-3 borderline top 50 guys, while simultaneously looking for slightly undervalued qualities and trying to take advantage of certain recruiting and scouting inefficiencies, so to speak.

2015's been crazy for our recruiting. Basically, if you were unknown to us message board and/or twitter junkies, you were destined to be a Bluejay. Could end up being an awesome class to pair with Huff, Watson and the younger guys, especially if we can convince Frankamp to join.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:30 pm

slaw wrote:
westojay wrote:How do you pronounce his last name ?

(KAR-li-KA-no-VAS)

| ˈdɒktər ˈiːvl̩ |
cujaysfan

Postby R Jay » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Wonder who brought him to our staff's attention. Sellers has been our primary Florida recruiter, right?

I would think that ever since they first scouted Krampelj, the staff's been trying to stay as quiet as possible about him to minimize the chances of someone else getting too interested or serious before signing day.

He'll be 20 before he starts his Freshmen season. From what I can tell, based on the redshirting, the transfer focus, and the apparent preference for Krampelj over some of the second tier HS recruits, the staff values physical maturity and experience. If you're limited in your ability to sign multiple 4 or 5 star guys out of HS, surely that is one way to compete against teams with more on-paper talent. Shoot for the stars with 2-3 borderline top 50 guys, while simultaneously looking for slightly undervalued qualities and trying to take advantage of certain recruiting and scouting inefficiencies, so to speak.

2015's been crazy for our recruiting. Basically, if you were unknown to us message board and/or twitter junkies, you were destined to be a Bluejay. Could end up being an awesome class to pair with Huff, Watson and the younger guys, especially if we can convince Frankamp to join.

Bingo. The only one we had decent info on beforehand was Stewart. Again, I trust our staff has put in the scouting effort to make sure these guys fit in with both our system and culture and have the skills to pay the bills. Now let's finish out this class with Frankamp.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting