2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Martin Krampelj (Signed)

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:53 pm

i heard he's a cousin of Sidd Finchikanovas
cujaysfan

Postby R Jay » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:09 pm

He's the main reason why I'm looking forward to MSBL in late June. That'll be our first real good look at him (if he's there of course...).
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:02 am

R Jay wrote:He's the main reason why I'm looking forward to MSBL in late June. That'll be our first real good look at him (if he's there of course...).

Rivals/Bluejaybanter has a game of his from this year on video. He's obviously above the competition he's playing, but you can get a sense of his skills and athleticism. Despite being the tallest guy on the court, he's the best shooter and can get to the rim with ease. In addition to being tall, he's also LONG with a huge wingspan.

I really like his touch and abilities with the ball in his hands. He sometimes was sloppy in the video with setting and squaring his feet, but when he did it (which was most of the time), he was money from 3 pt range. The touch is the big thing to me. You can't teach touch like that to big guys.. they pretty much have it or they don't
Chicagojayfan

Postby CU4LIFE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Is this video on Youtube or a website for anyone to see? Or do you have to be a rivals member to see it?
CU4LIFE

Postby Ethanfor3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:18 pm

no membership needed...
Ethanfor3

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:56 am

CU4LIFE wrote:Is this video on Youtube or a website for anyone to see? Or do you have to be a rivals member to see it?

https://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1732710

Here is the link. I didn't check to see if anyone can watch it, though, but Ethanfor3 said membership is not needed
Chicagojayfan

Postby CU4LIFE » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:52 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
CU4LIFE wrote:Is this video on Youtube or a website for anyone to see? Or do you have to be a rivals member to see it?

https://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1732710

Here is the link. I didn't check to see if anyone can watch it, though, but Ethanfor3 said membership is not needed

Yeah it says you have to be a member to read the article and doesn't show a video.
CU4LIFE

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:12 am

If Martin can hit threes at a high rate out of the corner and have Toby on the other side. then put Ronnie and Cole on the wings and Mo at the point, run pick and pop and pick and roll that's going to be hard to stop. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 am

fritzpointer wrote:If Martin can hit threes at a high rate out of the corner and have Toby on the other side. then put Ronnie and Cole on the wings and Mo at the point, run pick and pop and pick and roll that's going to be hard to stop. Go Jays!

The number of shooters on the floor for next year will be so much more than this year. Like you, I can see us playing Hegner quite a bit at the 5 next year. Hopefully he can continue to develop his strength and D to match up with more guys in the post -- on the wing he is a tough cover for almost any center -- especially if he keeps working on his dribble-drive and post up moves to complement his outside shot.

Next year's list of 3 PT shooters is much deeper than this year's list -- Cole, Toby, Ronnie, Zierden, Milliken, Martin, Stewart.. I can't imagine us not having 3 guys on the floor at any given time who can stretch the defense... compare that to this year where we probably had 1 and maybe 2 at times.. and for long stretches 0
Chicagojayfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:43 pm

IMO Martin Krampelj will share time at the 4 w Hegner, w Cole getting the majority of time at the SF spot. The likelihood of Hegner spending significant minutes at the center (5) spot is small. I look for Patton to start and get the majority of minutes, w Hanson as the backup center. IMO this is Geoff's last season - I see coach using his scholie for another 2015 guy.

If IZ is unable to return, his scholie will go towards the 2016 class.
Starters:
PG Wop, (Stewart, IZ, poss other 2015 recruit)
SG Milliken (Harrell, IZ, other 2015 recruit)
SF Cole Huff (Krampelj, Harrell)
PF Hegner (Krampelj, Gilmore)
Ctr Patton (Hanson)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting