2015 SG Jalen Poyser (UNLV Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 SG Jalen Poyser

Postby JayPak » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 pm

FreddyMac wrote:
The elder Poyser outlined three things he's looking for when his son takes his campus visits. First, the school and coaches have to be receptive to Poyser majoring in Energy Technology.

Fixed.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby FreddyMac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Obviously getting way off-topic now but I don't know why Creighton doesn't have an engineering school. Those are really high paying jobs. That means alumni with high paying jobs. That should mean money coming back into the school.
FreddyMac

Postby Duke1Agn » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I honestly don't know which Jesuit schools do have engineering schools. There are probably a ton, but the only one that comes to mind immediately is Marquette. Do Georgetown or Villanova?
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:59 pm

CU could probably pick one up on that cheap when bradley goes tits up.

i'm pretty sure that's how it works...
cujaysfan

Postby T-bone » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:15 am

FreddyMac wrote:Obviously getting way off-topic now but I don't know why Creighton doesn't have an engineering school. Those are really high paying jobs. That means alumni with high paying jobs. That should mean money coming back into the school.

It would be extremely expensive to start and maintain an engineering program. And as the post above suggests the energy tech program is seen as an engineering program by the admin.
T-bone

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Most of the big state u's have engineering - paid for by your never-ending tax dollars. Thank you very much. ;).

Heck...while we are on the subject. All 50 state legislatures should require their state-run colleges and universities to cut sports spending by 50% annually - in these harsh, tough economic times. The states can use that saved money for infrastructure repairs (roads, bridges, sewers, etc.).

Just sayin'!
:) :D
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby westojay » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:34 am

Can we get him on campus for a visit? I think him and Clarke are few quality wings left on our radar
westojay

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:19 am

westojay wrote:Can we get him on campus for a visit? I think him and Clarke are few quality wings left on our radar

The staff has been involved with Poyser for a while. I would assume they ramp up the effort with him given today's news. But we'll see.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby jayball » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:55 pm

http://www.theintentionalfoul.com/
Top Players:

Jalen Poyser, Canada, 6’4”, SG, 2015
The leader for Team Canada was without a question 6’4” shooting guard Jalen Poyser. He was named to the All International team and averaged a shade over 20 points per game. Quick and explosive, Poyser wasted no time showing his athleticism in the opening game going for 17 points against USA Midwest. No matter who was guarding him Poyser got any shot he wanted with a long and quick first step. He could explode at the rim for a two hand dunk or a pull-up for a jump shot. While he was fun to watch in the open court and on drives to the basket, Poyser still needs work on his outside shot hitting just 6-19 from three. He has the ability to knock down several in a row, but a slight hitch in his jump shot prevented him from being a consistent marksman. With continued work on his outside shot, Poyser should have his name listed with the top shooting guards in the country.

No mention of CU here
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1457594
jayball

Previous

Return to Recruiting