2015 IA G Marlon Stewart (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 IA G Marlon Stewart

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:52 pm

"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:35 pm

His coach compares him to Fred Van Vleet. The body type is right. If he can develop like that I say yes!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:22 pm

LJay wrote:His coach compares him to Fred Van Vleet. The body type is right. If he can develop like that I say yes!

I think the interest is legit -- I didn't know this, but after his big tournament performance in Chicagoland in July, he got hurt and that took the wind out of the recruiting interest he was getting for a while. He's back and healthy now, and it's heating up again. He has a mixed tape that is worth watching. Good size, good handle, sharp passing, looking to involve teammates and under control. I think he's a nice one and think he'd be a good get for us.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Polyfro wrote:
LJay wrote:Many Tweets stating the Jays have offered Marlon Stewart on the visit.

Yep. One of those reporters, Corey Evans of NY2LA Sports, says Stewart has potential visits to Dayton and Wichita State in the coming weeks, adding credence to the theory that he's a late-bloomer, recruiting wise -- those are much bigger names than the schools that were after him initially.

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/statu ... 8971695105

Given where his recruiting is going, given that he had the summer tournament where he blew up and then got injured, and given that the coaches saw him up close and personal this weekend and offered.. I hope we land him soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd5LNN3CS7E

lots of nice plays here - I particularly like a drive and dish about 50 seconds in.
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm thinking we may have our next commitment in hand:

@marlonstew10: I will like to THANK all the schools who have offered and recruited me.... I am going to make my final decision tomorrow.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Considering he just visited and we are his best offer, would be surprised if it wasn't us. Hopefully he's a late bloomer, after getting Patton, I trust the coaches found a Big East type player.

Here is a long compilation video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMBw92pspD8

PG with some hops.
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:07 pm

LJay wrote:I'm thinking we may have our next commitment in hand:

@marlonstew10: I will like to THANK all the schools who have offered and recruited me.... I am going to make my final decision tomorrow.

Great news coming, I hope! I trust our coach's evaluation and would like to get him into the fold before letting Wichita or Xavier into the completion. I really liked what I saw on the tape and what I heard about the AAU tourney this summer.
Chicagojayfan

Postby LJay » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:16 pm

From Wednesday:

North Scott's Marlon Stewart Talks Recruiting
Print Email
Category: News Published on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 11:36 Written by Cavan Walsh
Marlon Stewart of North Scott High School (IA) is one of the top available 2015 backcourt prospects in the Midwest. Stewart is coming off of a strong run on the Adidas Circuit with Team Rose where he enhanced his recruiting stock.

I caught up with Stewart for a quick chat on recruiting and an injury update.

Talk about how the recruiting process is going right now?

“It's going really well at the moment and I'm really enjoying the process. My recruitment is really starting to heat up.”

Talk about the two official visits you’ve taken to Bradley and Florida Gulf-Coast?

“I really enjoyed both of the visits, and I'm strongly considering those schools in my final decision. Both schools offer a lot of great things; they both have great coaching staffs, and academics. I really enjoyed being around the players”

What other schools are in the mix?

“Creighton and Wichita State are recruiting me, but those schools haven't offered yet though. FIU, NIU, and Bowling Green as well, but Bowling Green hasn't offered yet either.”

Stewart will be taking an official visit to Creighton for the weekend of Sept 19-20th – Greg McDermott has been calling.

Talk about how your hand is doing after injuring it this summer?

“I fractured my pinky on my right hand. I'm cleared to play and stuff. It's doing great, I’m just getting back into shape doing lots of ball handling and working on my mid range jump shooting.”
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Duke1Agn » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Marlon Stewart will announce his decision tomorrow, per various tweets. That has to bode well for us. If we can land him before Wake Forest, Wichita State and Dayton have a chance to get a visit, that's awesome.

Edit: didn't see that this was already mentioned above!
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Fake Father Lannon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:05 pm

I feel like this is in the bag. The fact that he just got an offer and a day later he decides to announce seems to indicate positively for the Jays
Fake Father Lannon

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting