2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Verbal Commit)

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Evan Daniels (Scout)

"I personally think Donovan Mitchell, who isn't currently in our rankings, is easily the most underrated recruit in the country. He proved himself as a top 30 type talent with his play in July. He’s a tremendous athlete, a very good passer and an improved shooter and scorer. After Mitchell, three players – Justin Patton (Creighton), Matt Heldt (Marquette) and Kerwin Roach – immediately come to mind. All three were unranked heading into July and all three will be top 100 recruits and four-star prospects when the rankings are updated."
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Evan Daniels-Scout/29 Jul 14
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/14274 ... -july?s=75

Creighton WITH THE STEAL

Creighton deserves some serious credit for getting Justin Patton, a 6-foot-11 big man, committed before he got out on the July circuit. I’m not quite sure how he managed to fly under the radar this long, but I evaluated him twice in Las Vegas and Josh Gershon saw him once and the resounding thought was this guy is loaded with upside and potential. A legitimate high major player and future top 100 prospect, Patton is clearly blessed with good height, but also has an extremely long set of arms. He’s mobile and able to get end-to-end quickly. Patton has a nice set of hands that caught virtually everything thrown his way. Plus he has impressive touch in the paint. He also showed tremendous confidence in his mid-range jumper, as he buried multiple shots from that area in my viewings. Defensively, he’s able to impact the game with his shot blocking.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby BlueJay B-Ball » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:53 am

So when we first got him everyone was like he could be solid for us when he's a junior or senior. But now that he's been evaluated and now he's a top 100 prospect do you think he could see playing time as a freshman. Or a redshirt year to put on some muscle? And then have more playing time as a redshirt freshman?
BlueJay B-Ball

Postby Durango Jay » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:15 pm

How about we let the coaches do their jobs, and just trust them. That's my game plan, and I'm sticking with it. I really don't think that Coach will come over here to the underground to check out my opinion of his players. My opinion does not matter.
Durango Jay

Postby JaysLifer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Durango Jay wrote:How about we let the coaches do their jobs, and just trust them. That's my game plan, and I'm sticking with it. I really don't think that Coach will come over here to the underground to check out my opinion of his players. My opinion does not matter.

I'll let you in on a secret: none of our opinions matter. If message boards were limited to only discussions between people whose opinions matter, we wouldn't have message boards.
JaysLifer

Postby Jays26 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Durango Jay wrote:How about we let the coaches do their jobs, and just trust them. That's my game plan, and I'm sticking with it. I really don't think that Coach will come over here to the underground to check out my opinion of his players. My opinion does not matter.

Where the hell is the fun In that!
Jays26

Postby Bluejay Banter Heath » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm

You're right our opinions don't matter but I think he still redshirts. I've seen him play three times and he is incredibly talented but one he is still growing into his body, two he needs to add muscle and three he needs to adjust to playing in the post. He likes to handle the ball, play outside and is a very very good passer. So it will be a big adjustment for him playing down low. But that is just my opinion.
Bluejay Banter Heath

Postby Durango Jay » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Jays26 wrote:

Where the hell is the fun In that!

It's not fun, but it is practice.
1) Let's say a fan makes some silly/crazy comment about a play, and that post is viewed by a recruit. I'm guessing that doesn't help.
2) Your avitar's boobs are fake.
Durango Jay

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Let's all keep in mind that JP still has another year of high school in front of him. I just think it's a bit premature to be talking about RS candidates for 2015 when the 2014 season hasn't even started yet. Right now it looks like he'll need a RS but things could change
Jaysker12

Postby Jays26 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Your avitar's boobs are fake.

And your point is??? :D
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting