2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Verbal Commit)

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:22 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Thanks Jacob for the story. Do you know if Alex and Justin ever played on the same team or got to know each other at all at camp? Welcome Justin and go Jays!

No clue if they know each other but I believe the players play with their own teams; it's a team camp, not an individual one.
JacobPadilla

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Anybody happen to listen to the first segment of Nick Bahe's program today? He talked about Patton a lot. He opined that Patton must have had a great showing at one of Creighton's camps. He relayed that oftentimes, that's all it takes to have enough faith in a kid to make an offer. He shared the story of a Las Vegas tournament way back when during which Ethan Wragge lit up DeMarcus Cousins, and put him on the map. He cited a personal story of being mildly recruited, and then scoring 27 points in the first half of one of those camps/tournaments, and all of a sudden the Kansases of the world were knocking on his door. Sometimes one game, or 3-4 days, is enough.

Not sure if Bahe was right, but if those camps impressed Coach Mac and the staff enough to float an offer his way, that's awesome. That's why Coach Mac does what he does, and why we are all on message boards. I believe!! I think he's the next Joel Embiid, who was terrible when he first started playing - but Patton will have less broken backs and fewer screws in his feet, so he's actually a better prospect. You heard it here first - Patton will join Benoit Benjamin as the next top 3 overall NBA draft pick from Creighton University.
Last edited by vivid_dude on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivid_dude

Postby Durango Jay » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Patrick Ewing was the #1 pick, then Wayman Tisdale, then Benoit. I'm all for Patton becoming an awesome center, but facts are facts.
Durango Jay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Durango Jay wrote:Patrick Ewing was the #1 pick, then Wayman Tisdale, then Benoit. I'm all for Patton becoming an awesome center, but facts are facts.

I don't know what you're talking about. It's very clear that I say Mr. Benjamin was a top 3 overall pick. And please ignore that line about me editing my post. Nothing to see there. :?
vivid_dude

Postby HaRdWoOd » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:14 am

Apparently Justin has a twin brother, Kendall. Kendall goes about 6'7" and Creighton is showing interest in him as well. Anyone have any insight to that rumor?
HaRdWoOd

Postby Bluejay Banter Heath » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:Apparently Justin has a twin brother, Kendall. Kendall goes about 6'7" and Creighton is showing interest in him as well. Anyone have any insight to that rumor?

I watched them both play last night, they work well together and are very unselfish. I don't think there is any truth to that rumor though.
Bluejay Banter Heath

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:15 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:Apparently Justin has a twin brother, Kendall. Kendall goes about 6'7" and Creighton is showing interest in him as well. Anyone have any insight to that rumor?

I don't know about Creighton's interest, but I do know Kendall. It's kind of funny, Kendall goes about 6'6" or 6'7" and stockier, while Justin is 6'10" or 6'11" and a string bean. Genetics are funny sometimes.

Kendall is a good player. He has a soft touch and can hit the mid-range jumper as well as operate out of the post. He and Justin are going to form a pretty devastating two-man game. Kendall loves throwing lobs to Justin, and Justin has excellent vision and is great at finding his brother when he's open as well.

Kendall will probably be able to play somewhere, but I'm not sure that will be at Creighton or another team at that level unless he goes through the same rapid progression Justin is going through.

They're both really nice kids too from what I've gathered from my interactions with them.

Justin plays AAU for he OSA National Team, while Kendall plays for one of the OSA regional teams. Both will be in action at OSA's AAU tournament over the 4th of July weekend. I'll be there covering the event and will keep an eye on them. It seems like Justin is getting better every time I see him play.
JacobPadilla

Postby HaRdWoOd » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:47 pm

That OSA National team with Justin is pretty salty. They are 9-1 in the Sanford Pentagon standings, which includes teams from Minnesota, the Dakotas, Iowa and Wisconsin.
HaRdWoOd

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:57 pm

HaRdWoOd wrote:That OSA National team with Justin is pretty salty. They are 9-1 in the Sanford Pentagon standings, which includes teams from Minnesota, the Dakotas, Iowa and Wisconsin.

Yep. They have 8 of the top 12-15 players in Nebraska on that team, including 4 of the top 6 on our site's rankings.
JacobPadilla

Postby jays911 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:

I don't know about Creighton's interest, but I do know Kendall. It's kind of funny, Kendall goes about 6'6" or 6'7" and stockier, while Justin is 6'10" or 6'11" and a string bean. Genetics are funny sometimes.

Kendall is a good player. He has a soft touch and can hit the mid-range jumper as well as operate out of the post. He and Justin are going to form a pretty devastating two-man game. Kendall loves throwing lobs to Justin, and Justin has excellent vision and is great at finding his brother when he's open as well.

Kendall will probably be able to play somewhere, but I'm not sure that will be at Creighton or another team at that level unless he goes through the same rapid progression Justin is going through.

They're both really nice kids too from what I've gathered from my interactions with them.

Justin plays AAU for he OSA National Team, while Kendall plays for one of the OSA regional teams. Both will be in action at OSA's AAU tournament over the 4th of July weekend. I'll be there covering the event and will keep an eye on them. It seems like Justin is getting better every time I see him play.

Good insight. Thanks.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting