2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Postby Eye of the Jay » Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 am

Lot of buildup to this season and especially the talent level of the incoming freshmen and transfer class. I'm really hoping Justin can get in the gym and learn a lot from the overseas trip as well as early season competition. The Big East has a lot of big bodies all around and once that calendar turns to 2016 it's going to take a lot of concentration from the new guys to not repeat the slow start we had to BE play last year.
Eye of the Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Congrats to JP.

Justin played well in Kentucky vs the other top centers - article alluded he was the best one there. Scout is merely stating that JP is one of the best. He's a hometown kid whose parents and relatives will keep him from getting big headed. And the coaching staff will work his butt off in practices, s&c, endurance drills - running, etc. hopefully Justin embraces the challenge to develop into the best possible player he can become. He is already a sharp, respectful, and good young man.
Congrats to Justin.
"Accept the challenge".
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby BigMac » Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Congrats to JP.

Justin played well in Kentucky vs the other top centers - article alluded he was the best one there. Scout is merely stating that JP is one of the best. He's a hometown kid whose parents and relatives will keep him from getting big headed. And the coaching staff will work his butt off in practices, s&c, endurance drills - running, etc. hopefully Justin embraces the challenge to develop into the best possible player he can become. He is already a sharp, respectful, and good young man.
Congrats to Justin.
"Accept the challenge".

Link to article please?
BigMac

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Correction: folks here were discussing the KDC while watching the streaming video - see pages 27-28 of this thread. the KDC game was streamed at Slamonline.org
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby vivid_dude » Mon May 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:Patton will not redshirt.

But I do agree that Groselle has been quite good at times this season. The trouble is, he has a history of injuries. Hanson has been all over the place. I seriously doubt the coaches will trust a decent, but injury-prone center, and a guy who hasn't shown much in two seasons to hold down the paint next season. Patton will play. And he'll play a good amount.

I find this statement of clear fact kinda funny, especially when you consider this from the Ronnie Harrell recruiting thread.

Duke1Agn wrote:Ronnie will not be red shirting.

His offensive game is going to be too valuable for us to pass up next year. Defensively, he's behind, but that can be said about most freshman. His style of play is not one that requires strength. He's a finesse player who is a jump-shooter, not a guy that's slashing and attacking the rim consistently. Sure, adding strength could allow him to do that more regularly, but we have guys who can do that on the roster (Brooks, Milliken, Chatman). Defensively, he has one thing that no amount of practice can teach: length. If he makes even a little progress, his length is going to allow him to really, really bother opposing wings, SFs.

The point being, no one should act like an authority on whether an incoming player should or should not redshirt. None of us is. Not even close. You were definitively sure about Harrell...and couldn't have been more wrong. Patton may or may not play, but it has NOTHING to do with what has happened to this point in time. It has everything to do with what the players do once they hit campus.
vivid_dude

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 pm

LOL - great find Vivid. +1,000,000 as the kids would say.

I tire of the hot air bags spouting their knowledge of these kids when in fact they know about 1/1,000th of what the coaches know and will continue to find out through practice.
TrueBlueJay

Postby ictjay » Mon May 11, 2015 5:31 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:LOL - great find Vivid. +1,000,000 as the kids would say.

I tire of the hot air bags spouting their knowledge of these kids when in fact they know about 1/1,000th of what the coaches know and will continue to find out through practice.

Ah, so whats left to do on this message board? That's why we are on here with alias'. Crap, you wouldn't see 1 opinion on anything if posters had to use their real name. Opinions are ok. I'm right/wrong 50% of the time. I beat the drum long and hard on LG3's playing time. Then I hear it from a 100% source the kid just didn't comprehend the offense and defense. My bad. Sure we don't know 1/1,000th of what the coaches know, but this gives us a taste of trying to act like we do. I've played/watched BJay basketball for 43 years. And every year I have everything figured out a "T" before the 1st preseason game.
ictjay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 am

ictjay wrote:
TrueBlueJay wrote:LOL - great find Vivid. +1,000,000 as the kids would say.

Ah, so whats left to do on this message board? That's why we are on here with alias'. Crap, you wouldn't see 1 opinion on anything if posters had to use their real name. Opinions are ok. I'm right/wrong 50% of the time. I beat the drum long and hard on LG3's playing time. Then I hear it from a 100% source the kid just didn't comprehend the offense and defense. My bad. Sure we don't know 1/1,000th of what the coaches know, but this gives us a taste of trying to act like we do. I've played/watched BJay basketball for 43 years. And every year I have everything figured out a "T" before the 1st preseason game.

I don't mind the conjecture about next season, but vivid pointed out how some here state things as if they are fact and then go on to tell us why, when they really have no idea. I'm guessing Duke has never seen Patton play live. Why go on to tell us he will not be redshirting because....blah blah blah. I just found it extremely funny that he did the exact same thing last year talking about Ronnie.
TrueBlueJay

Postby taa71458 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

Kind of like when people say Marcus Foster will not come to Creighton.
taa71458

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 am

taa71458 wrote:Kind of like when people say Marcus Foster will not come to Creighton.

Not sure who said that...but yes I suppose it could be taken in the same vein.
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting