2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Postby RVB » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Omaha North’s Justin Patton slowly progressing for Bluejays

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/omaha-no ... 5387c.html
RVB

Postby Jeremyhauer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 am

Haha. I love the quote from JP about Mo Watson telling him he's going to punch him in the face in order to get him more aggressive. I love the stuff I hear about Mo. His tough east coast personality should be good for the program.
Jeremyhauer

Postby cu8493 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:12 am

I just really appreciate the attitude. I have not doubt he will work himself into an NBA caliber player before he is done at CU given his apparent willingness to be coached, not only by the coaches but in accepting instruction from the other players as well. At least that is how he comes across in the media, and I have no reason to doubt that is his true personality.
cu8493

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 am

vivid_dude wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Patton will not redshirt.

But I do agree that Groselle has been quite good at times this season. The trouble is, he has a history of injuries. Hanson has been all over the place. I seriously doubt the coaches will trust a decent, but injury-prone center, and a guy who hasn't shown much in two seasons to hold down the paint next season. Patton will play. And he'll play a good amount.

I find this statement of clear fact kinda funny, especially when you consider this from the Ronnie Harrell recruiting thread.

Duke1Agn wrote:Ronnie will not be red shirting.

His offensive game is going to be too valuable for us to pass up next year. Defensively, he's behind, but that can be said about most freshman. His style of play is not one that requires strength. He's a finesse player who is a jump-shooter, not a guy that's slashing and attacking the rim consistently. Sure, adding strength could allow him to do that more regularly, but we have guys who can do that on the roster (Brooks, Milliken, Chatman). Defensively, he has one thing that no amount of practice can teach: length. If he makes even a little progress, his length is going to allow him to really, really bother opposing wings, SFs.

Like I wasn't NOT going to go find this. This high horse I'm on isn't a joy ride; it's a responsibility. ;)
vivid_dude

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:55 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Patton will not redshirt.

But I do agree that Groselle has been quite good at times this season. The trouble is, he has a history of injuries. Hanson has been all over the place. I seriously doubt the coaches will trust a decent, but injury-prone center, and a guy who hasn't shown much in two seasons to hold down the paint next season. Patton will play. And he'll play a good amount.

I find this statement of clear fact kinda funny, especially when you consider this from the Ronnie Harrell recruiting thread.

Duke1Agn wrote:Ronnie will not be red shirting.

His offensive game is going to be too valuable for us to pass up next year. Defensively, he's behind, but that can be said about most freshman. His style of play is not one that requires strength. He's a finesse player who is a jump-shooter, not a guy that's slashing and attacking the rim consistently. Sure, adding strength could allow him to do that more regularly, but we have guys who can do that on the roster (Brooks, Milliken, Chatman). Defensively, he has one thing that no amount of practice can teach: length. If he makes even a little progress, his length is going to allow him to really, really bother opposing wings, SFs.

Like I wasn't NOT going to go find this. This high horse I'm on isn't a joy ride; it's a responsibility. ;)

Hey, 50% isn't bad!
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:50 pm

^^^ 0 for 2 is 50% in what world?
TrueBlueJay

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:12 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:^^^ 0 for 2 is 50% in what world?

IN MY WORLD.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Verbal Commit)

Postby vivid_dude » Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 pm

blueblood wrote:Walk on?

With the Lincoln kid getting an unofficial visit to CU, and Creighton fans trashing AN UNOFFICIAL, I am reminded of the first couple pages of this thread.

Not picking on anyone. In fact, I was guilty as anyone when the Patton signing happened. My point - don’t judge too quickly on anything in recruiting. Fans generally don’t know much (except Jacob...and Polyfro...and, uh, gtmo)
vivid_dude

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 pm

I fixed it 4U Vivid:

Fans generally don’t know much (except Jacob...and Polyfro...and HilltopAlum).
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Patton was offered after his junior year and before the July circuit. He was also 6’ 10. He hadn’t just decommitted from South Dakota with his best offer coming from UNI.
ZMagic30

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting