2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:26 am

I love seeing Justin at all of our home games
hilltopalum

Postby BigMac » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:39 pm

http://www.omaha.com/sarpy/inthegame/t-birds-get-back-on-track-with-victories-over-omaha/article_d8cdc0ba-b062-5e9e-b8ce-c237900109f7.html
“There were a lot of missed shots out there tonight,” West coach Doug Woodard said. “From outside on the floor we did not shoot well but we were able to get a few easy ones.”
A lot of the West struggles from the field could be attributed to Viking big man Justin Patton, who is a Creighton commit.
Patton blocked five shots and altered many more from just about every T-bird that ventured inside the paint.
“A couple of times we got it inside and made faked him,” Woodard said, “but other times we would put it on a tee for him and see how far he could hit it.”
:D
BigMac

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:33 am

Justin does not have great guard play on his team, which hurts him offensively and limits how successful the team can be. But he's still rebounding and blocking a ton of shots. He had a couple sweet jump hooks Friday as well as a couple of dunks, and he had a near triple-double today. He's had at least two double-doubles this season (today, that Bellevue West game). The jumper isn't there yet, nor is the overall consistency, but the coaches know he's a project and he continues to show flashes that make you just say "wow."
JacobPadilla

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:10 am

14 pts, 12 reb, 4 assists, 8 blocks in win over Westside. :o
Wizard of Westroads

Postby CUJAYFANATIC » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:00 am

Watched his game last night and came away feeling very good about this young mans potential. He gets up and down the floor well, is athletic and seems to have really good handles for a 7 footer. if he continues to work at his game and gets stronger he will be a force at the next level. The guard play on his team is average at best resulting in difficult post entry passes. Actually I thought the best passer on the team is Justin. He appears to have good hips so I don't believe it will be a problem for him adding good weight.
CUJAYFANATIC

Postby LJay » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:12 am

CUJAYFANATIC wrote:The guard play on his team is average at best resulting in difficult post entry passes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
89 - 60
LJay

Postby R Jay » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

LJay wrote:
CUJAYFANATIC wrote:The guard play on his team is average at best resulting in difficult post entry passes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I swear I've heard this before, but I just can't put my finger on it.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:46 am

If anyone is interested, North is in the Metro Holiday Tournament Final for the first time since 1976. Justin and Co. are playing Creighton Prep at 2:45 today at the Ralston Arena.
JacobPadilla

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:27 am

I went, he has tremendous touch, nice shot good feet, poor D, not very aggressive at all on the D side and didn't box out or use position/size to his advantage much at all. He needs to work very hard in the weight room and harder yet at the training table, very thin, I mean very thin, way way skinnier than Artino his freshman year, skinny like the dude from Baylor last year. You can see what Mac liked and the potential but he needs a bit more motor. Good shoulders, great length and for some reason to look at him you get the feeling he isn't done growing yet. Did I mention he is skinny? Will he be ready to come in and play Big East basketball as a freshman? I would bet not.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:13 am

Waylon Van Smack wrote:I went, he has tremendous touch, nice shot good feet, poor D, not very aggressive at all on the D side and didn't box out or use position/size to his advantage much at all. He needs to work very hard in the weight room and harder yet at the training table, very thin, I mean very thin, way way skinnier than Artino his freshman year, skinny like the dude from Baylor last year. You can see what Mac liked and the potential but he needs a bit more motor. Good shoulders, great length and for some reason to look at him you get the feeling he isn't done growing yet. Did I mention he is skinny? Will he be ready to come in and play Big East basketball as a freshman? I would bet not.

thanks for the scouting report Waylon. I think people are going to have to be patient with him - he's really just started to grow into his body in the last year and maybe isn't done growing taller either. The good thing is that we have Hanson and Groselle at the 5 next year, so we can be patient and let the S&C program do it's job (much like they did with Hegner). The other good thing is that there are so few guys of that height who have that kind of touch and shot and skills.

He's also had a tremendous jump in the past year, so it's not inconceivable that he would develop faster than we think even.
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting