2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Verbal Commit)

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:18 pm

they're real if I can touch them.
cujaysfan

Postby Jet915 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 pm

NBAdraft.net's take on Justin Patton:

Justin Patton 6'10" 215 C Omaha, NE North 2015-Patton may end up being the biggest sleeper in the 2015 class. He can play and would probably be more highly regarded if not for the system employed by his AAU team. They rarely get him touches down on the box, but when they do, he usually puts the ball in the hole. He has great size and length and showed great touch around the basket. He has room to get bigger and is not the most explosive guy around, but the tools are there to possibly end up hearing his name called on draft night in the future. He is a Creighton commit and can end up being a major factor for them down the road.
Jet915

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:31 pm

I sure hope Justin can handle all this press. To have such high praise by so many can effect one. I hope Justin keeps working hard and also gets the grades in the classroom that he needs. Can't wait to see you in Blue and White. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:26 pm

fritzpointer wrote:I sure hope Justin can handle all this press. To have such high praise by so many can effect one. I hope Justin keeps working hard and also gets the grades in the classroom that he needs. Can't wait to see you in Blue and White. Go Jays!

When I mentioned to him about all the press he has been getting, he said "Thanks! I worked hard, and it's paying off now." I don't think we have to worry about him getting a big head or anything.

We held a showcase for the top 50 players in the state today. Justin measured in at 6'10" without shoes with a 7'1" wingspan and a 9'2" standing reach. You just don't find that in Nebraska very often. He definitely has a ton of weight to put on, and his explosion isn't really there, but the length alone is very impressive. Combine that with the skills he continues to develop and show off and I'd say we got a good one.
JacobPadilla

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Good to hear Jacob and thanks for all your info. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby bluejaydano » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:49 am

I know he's a verbal commit but is there any chance he backs out and actually signs somewhere else.
bluejaydano

Postby mredle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:56 am

bluejaydano wrote:I know he's a verbal commit but is there any chance he backs out and actually signs somewhere else.

Always a possibility until the letter of intent is signed
mredle

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:49 pm

mredle wrote:
bluejaydano wrote:I know he's a verbal commit but is there any chance he backs out and actually signs somewhere else.

agreed.

However, When he committed and in the followup articles, it sounded as though CU is his "dream school" - getting the chance to play at a high level, at home, with his folks able to see him play. It is always a possibility that another school might snatch him, but that would negate the playing at home with ready access for his family. Not likely he will bolt. If the academics issue is a real one, then he won't be going Anywhere until he gets his academics together. Let us hope Justin will be able to come aboard next fall. Work on your academics young man.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:59 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
mredle wrote:

agreed.

However, When he committed and in the followup articles, it sounded as though CU is his "dream school" - getting the chance to play at a high level, at home, with his folks able to see him play. It is always a possibility that another school might snatch him, but that would negate the playing at home with ready access for his family. Not likely he will bolt. If the academics issue is a real one, then he won't be going Anywhere until he gets his academics together. Let us hope Justin will be able to come aboard next fall. Work on your academics young man.

He's a home town kid, his family is down the street and can see him at every game in his career in one of the premier conferences in all of college ball - we were the ones who showed him love long before anyone else (the other school in state didn't bother to offer even). I think he's solid to us and a perfect fit for us in the Big East.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:02 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
fritzpointer wrote:I sure hope Justin can handle all this press. To have such high praise by so many can effect one. I hope Justin keeps working hard and also gets the grades in the classroom that he needs. Can't wait to see you in Blue and White. Go Jays!

When I mentioned to him about all the press he has been getting, he said "Thanks! I worked hard, and it's paying off now." I don't think we have to worry about him getting a big head or anything.

We held a showcase for the top 50 players in the state today. Justin measured in at 6'10" without shoes with a 7'1" wingspan and a 9'2" standing reach. You just don't find that in Nebraska very often. He definitely has a ton of weight to put on, and his explosion isn't really there, but the length alone is very impressive. Combine that with the skills he continues to develop and show off and I'd say we got a good one.

Great info as always. I want to add one thought on his explosion - CU has done a great job with their S&C development and would make sure he got what he needed to develop. Add in the fact that he is still growing into his body and I see his leaping, explosion coming as he develops at CU.
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting