2015 SF Chris Clarke

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 SF Chris Clarke

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:44 pm

westojay wrote:Just received 3 Virginia Tech predictions on 247 crystal ball this evening including one from Corey Evans. Not good... Really wonder if the Justin Robinson commit yesterday is helping sway this.

a week or so he was a hard UT lean

these guys know jack.
cujaysfan

Postby LJay » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Some of these guys know something in many cases but here the Clarke family has shut off all outside contact so these three are throwing shit against the wall based on the Justin Robinson angle.

Truly no one knows squat here. This kid and his family are doing this the right way with no outside distractions.

I hope he will become a Jay!!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby mel ott » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 pm

LJay wrote:Some of these guys know something in many cases but here the Clarke family has shut off all outside contact so these three are throwing shit against the wall based on the Justin Robinson angle.

Truly no one knows squat here. This kid and his family are doing this the right way with no outside distractions.

I hope he will become a Jay!!

+1 hope he is a Jay
mel ott

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Va Tech might be in great shape with him, but the "package deal" seems overstated. For one, those deals almost never materialize. Secondly, and although Twitter's certainly not the only way people connect with one another, I don't think Robinson and Clarke even follow one another on there. I get that they played for Boo Williams together, but it hardly seems as though the two are so tight that Clarke would choose a school based on where his supposed friend decided to go. And another item in the for what Twitter evidence is worth category: the last two people Clarke followed were Skal Labissiere, who visited UT-Knoxville with him, and Justin Patton.

Think it probably is between the Hokies and the Vols, but I don't see the Robinson commitment as that meaningful. If he heads to Blackburg, it surely has way more to so with geography and Buzz than it has to do with Robinson.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54 am

Not that my 2 cents are worth 2 cents, but I agree with all of these last several posts. We lost interest in Robinson when we landed Stewart and pkg deals are mainly talk.

Creighton's biggest strengths are
Winning: The fact that we are winners and have been for years (He will 'Dance' at CU, the others - VT/UT - probably not).
Our small size: Chris will be a student here, he will know the majority of folks and not just be a number at a behemoth state school. And we have a good Journalism program.
Televisión: 95-98% of our games are televised thanks to the new BE Televisión Contract. He gets to play with and against many of the Best players in college basketball.

I believe we are definitely in the mix, the hunt for Chris' services on our team, and I think this time we win. He rounds out a very good class for the Jays.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 pm

hahahahahahaha:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... ke-10.html

"You guys can take this however you want it but I just texted Chris Clarke and he told me he loves Tennessee and says he can see himself playing for the Vols. And fyi I am no stalker trust me lol he put his number out on instagram and said for people to text him"
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:32 pm

You gotta be kidding me.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:00 pm

I don't even think Gtmo would go that far. Jeez.
ZMagic30

Postby R to the OB » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:37 pm

If (and I mean IF because I really doubt it is) this is true, why would he say anything else? Is he really going to tell a UT fan, essentially to his face, that he's not going to go there?
R to the OB

Postby R to the OB » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Also, a ton of 247 "experts" switched from Tennessee to Virginia Tech... One or two might know something, but the rest are just following the leader.
The Tennessee board that Bilas linked to had a little meltdown as a result. Very much like here after McQuaid committed to MSU. (and yes, I was one of those upset individuals)
I must say that it is quite humorous when it's not us going through it.
R to the OB

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting