Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: 2015 SF Chris Clarke

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:02 am

I am trying not to read too much into Clarke's last retweet but it was pro Tennessee.... "@Chris_Clarkee go vols!! Would love to see you in orange"

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 am

Hopefully doesn't mean much. McQuaid tweeted Creighton pictures on his visit and that didn't turn out very well for us. Now that I think of it, I don't remember Clarke tweeting anything on his Creighton trip!

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, there was the "marvelous" quote...

@coreyevans_10: Chris Clarke calling Creighton trip thus far 'marvelous' good news for Blue Jay faithful!

And his dad gave a favorable report as well.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Right. I had forgotten that!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:32 pm

PF/Combo fwd Kerry Blackshear verbals to Va Tech. (1st commit. Have 4 SF prospects on their list)
Proud to say that I have committed to Virginia Tech pic.twitter.com/8dKwDEVQxA
7:57pm - 4 Oct 14
Rivals 3 star and ESPN/247/Scout 4 star fwd.

https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1688896

Tennessee has 2 commits for 2015 - both wings (1 SG, 1 SF).

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:59 am

DuanCfan wrote:I am trying not to read too much into Clarke's last retweet but it was pro Tennessee.... "@Chris_Clarkee go vols!! Would love to see you in orange"

He's RTed a few of those pro Vols tweets. Has done nothing like that with CU tweets. Maybe his dad will have plenty of say in his ultimate decision and his tweeting means nothing. Or, he'll spend a day or so removed from a visit that included a 5 star prospect and an SEC football gameday, and refocus on all his options. But, it doesn't look good for us.

Like with McQuaid, I applaud the staff for making serious inroads with top 50 or bordeline top 50 recruits and getting close to the finish line with them. You have to hope that they will eventually close the deal with one (please don't bring up Patton like it's a similar recruiting situation, because it's not- I'm super excited about his potential, but an off-the-radar late bloomer isn't sitting in our backyard every year), but I'll be pretty shocked if it happens here. If the staff isn't in love with some of its other options and is thus spending that much time trying to land a McQuaid or a Clarke, then I'll trust that they know what they're doing on this front.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Quotes from Clarke regarding Tennessee. I'd be very surprised if he ended up here.

http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/2014/10/02/vols-basketball-target-chris-clarke-hopes-make-decision-soon/

Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:09 pm

No news is good news, perhaps? Come on, Chris, be a Jay!

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:15 pm

No news is no news. Have a feeling that we'll have an answer within a week or so.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 am

Interesting that one of the Tennessee predictions on the crystal ball was changed to foggy. Still no Creighton predictions however.
Post a reply