2014 PG Maurice 'Mo' Watson (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 PG Maurice 'Mo' Watson (Transfer)

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 am

Jet915 wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Illinois cancelled their in-home visit with Watson today. That has to bode well for us. Be a Jay Mo!

Supposedly it was cancelled due to scheduling or compliance issues.....another tweet stated he's still trying to do on campus visits to Illinois and Wichita State. Who knows the real story though...

I'd be sick to my stomach if he went to Wichita. :oops: :(
bluejayfan00

Postby JayPharmAlum » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:I want Watson really, REALLY bad. He truly is one of the best guards in the country, he can do it all.

I agree. I have the same feeling I had when Echenique was transferring from Rutgers and he was being pursued by everyone - would be great to have Ech share his experience moving from the East Coast and joining the Creighton family. Watson would be a huge addition and for CU and I think we could give him exactly what he's looking for.
JayPharmAlum

Postby westojay » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 am

Watson would start here day 1 after sitting out a year. If he chooses WSU he would be battling Van Vleet for a year. Illinois has 2 other point guards that would be there his first year eligible. CU obviously would be immediate playing time and his team to run.
westojay

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:56 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Illinois cancelled their in-home visit with Watson today. That has to bode well for us. Be a Jay Mo!

Supposedly it was cancelled due to scheduling or compliance issues.....another tweet stated he's still trying to do on campus visits to Illinois and Wichita State. Who knows the real story though...

I'd be sick to my stomach if he went to Wichita. :oops: :(

WSU seems unlikely to me. WSU's undeniably a much better program than BU, but not many guys good enough to get looks from KU decide to leave a mid major school so that they can attend another mid major program. Not to mention that comparing WSU as a school to BU is like... well, there is no comparison. If he was initially attracted to a private school like BU, but now wants more exposure (and presumably has family and friends who don't want to be streaming crappy Wichita or MVC produced productions for 2 years), why is he choosing WSU over any of the other schools he's considering? Again, I have a lot of respect for Marshall and the Shockers right now, but the MVC without CU or any good Illinois teams is what it is. It's becoming like what the WCC was before Gonzaga had some league competition. And WSU's recent run does not yet equate them with the huge brand that is the Zags.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Hunter » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:20 pm

This isn't really germane to the thread but I have to disagree on the assessment of Wichita. Wichita clearly has not not had the sustained success of Gonzaga over a decade or so but I would take a Final Four followed by 35-0 over what Gonzaga has done any day. As difficult as it is for us to admit, Wichita is just getting started as long as they can keep Gregg around.
Hunter

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Looks like Maurice has found some good food on his Sat. night out in Omaha. Hope you have a great time. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Jet915 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:30 am

Maurice Watson Jr. ‏@ReeceWatson10 5h
Wit my man A.Chapman!

Maurice Watson Jr. ‏@ReeceWatson10 5h
these dudes are celebrities here

Basketball is #1 at Creighton!
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 am

Sounds like this could be a perfect situation for everyone. High visibility conference with every game on TV, a team that needs a PG for 2015, and a great PG with two years to start and lead a great offense... Not to mention playing in front of 17K fans every night at home, a great education and a great school experience.

Watson would be perfect with great shooters around him opening up the spacing on the floor --
If people haven't seen him play here are some clips and an interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa8CVTHsmpo

I would describe him as "disruptive". On the defensive end, he's quick, tough and has very active hands and probably had more steals than we did as a team last year. On the offensive end, he controls tempo, pushes the ball and forces the D to make tough decisions where he can either finish or distribute.
Chicagojayfan

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 am

I know he said "soon", but, I wish there was an official timetable for his decision.. I'm getting anxious. 8-) Also, looking at his Twitter and he seems to be loving it here. He said our guys are celebrities here, he should like that. I hope he doesn't visit Kansas..
bluejayfan00

Postby mel ott » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:00 am

thanks for the video. A well spoken young guy with a great team first attitude in his interview. He would be a great addition to the Jays!
mel ott

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting