C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: C Luke Fischer (Indiana transfer)

Postby LJay » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:56 am

Bluejoe wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:If he decides to come to Creighton, he won't be paying his own way. He will get a 2014 scholie.

Yes, he would get a 2014/15 scholarship, but have to pay own way in Spring of 2014.

This.

Also, does anyone know if tuition is a flat charge (say, $20K per semester) or if you can be charged by the credit hour? If the latter, he could take just enough hours to qualify (9 or 12 or whatever) and keep the cost down.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Bluejoe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:15 pm

12-18 credit hours is a flat cost-about 17,500 per semester. Plus about 5k in Room and board. So, overall about 22,000 for the semester. Below 12 hours is by the credit hour.
Bluejoe

Postby cu8493 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:06 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe that he could receive academnic scholarships and need-based financial aid if he is qualified for either, because he will not be competing in a game. Similar to what a grey shirt can do coming out of highschool. Although I haven't read the rules on it, so perhaps it is different with a transfer, but I think if that is the case then he wouldn't have to be on athletic scholarship (or count against the maximum) until he competes in a game if he receives academic and need-based aid. Is it different for a transfer if anyone knows?

If he qualifies for some scholarship and/or aid money, it wouldn't cost the full $22K for the spring semester.
cu8493

Postby AttyAlum » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Does Creighton give scholarships to mid year enrollees?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby fritzpointer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 pm

The team is going to Chicago after the game tommorrow so if Luke wants a face to face with Mac, Germantown is only about 100 miles from there. What Merf has done in Wi. and Ill. befor he was reasigned was great. I think sometimes we don't know how hard it is to maintain those relatioships with the recruits. Hope Luke finds a place that fits him. Maybe it will be at CU. One can only wait to see where he picks. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Bluejoe » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:22 am

AttyAlum wrote:Does Creighton give scholarships to mid year enrollees?

Yes
Bluejoe

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:15 pm

fritzpointer wrote:The team is going to Chicago after the game tommorrow so if Luke wants a face to face with Mac, Germantown is only about 100 miles from there. What Merf has done in Wi. and Ill. befor he was reasigned was great. I think sometimes we don't know how hard it is to maintain those relatioships with the recruits. Hope Luke finds a place that fits him. Maybe it will be at CU. One can only wait to see where he picks. Go Jays!

Would be the makings of a great front line with the ability to defend and score with him, Artino, Hanson, Hegner and even Groselle in the mix.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Kkorverfan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:12 am

Tweeted that he will go to Marquette
Nebraska Born........Creighton by choice
Kkorverfan

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:28 am

Kkorverfan wrote:Tweeted that he will go to Marquette

Damn, oh well....Marquette is always gonna beat us in recruiting until we get some NCAA success.

Luke Fischer ‏@Bigfishy44 36m
We narrowed the list down to UW-Milwaukee, Creighton and Marquette before making a decision
from Baraboo, WI
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:09 am

I kinda thought this was a done deal from the start for Marquette. It was just too perfect of a coincidence that Marquette, who just so happens to be the kid's hometown, has a big guy transfer out that was supposed to be their starter next year. Add to that no time to visit other schools and it isn't shocking that he picks a school in his hometown.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting