2014 Jalen Jones (SMU Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 Jalen Jones (SMU Transfer)

Postby HandDownManDown » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Total brain fart with my other post, for some reason I was thinking he was a 3-4 and not a 2-3. DUH.

In that case, no we don't really need him, with what we have going forward.
HandDownManDown

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Creighton is in the hunt.
hilltopalum

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm

It was a pretty big weekend for UNT in terms of recruiting.

The Mean Green hosted JUCO guard Carrington Ward and SMU transfer Jalen Jones began considering what his next stop will be.

Here’s the situation at this point …

Jones sat down with his former AAU coach Erven Davis, of Dallas Showtyme, one of the premier programs in the country, and talked about where his next stop will be.

Since Jones and SMU parted ways, more than 30 teams have expressed interest in the 6-foot-7 guard/forward.

From that list, Jones has cut his list to Creighton, Butler, Oregon, Arizona, USC, UNT, Western Kentucky, Arkansas and UTA.

Jones wants to take as many visits as he can — both official and unofficial — to get a better handle on where he fits best. The problem is the time element. Jones wants to enroll at the semester break and then have a year to prepare to resume his career in the second semester of the 2014-15 season. Basically, he wants to follow the same path Tony Mitchell did at UNT.

Mitchell enrolled at semester, sat out a year and then began playing in the second semester of his freshman year.

Davis said going that route would give Jones time to work on his skills.

Jones averaged 14 points a game at SMU last season.

“He will be a great get for a team,” Davis said. “He is a professional-caliber athlete. He is 6-7 and is a good shooter and is developing as ball-handler. You have to look at him as a junior college player who will be someplace for two years. He has proven that he can play at the Conference USA level.”

UNT is still alive in the hunt to land Jones, which would allow him to complete his college career in the same league.

Jones did not return a call to see where he stands.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/11/sunday-night-basketball-recruiting-notes.html/
hilltopalum

Postby Bluejay Banter Heath » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Total brain fart with my other post, for some reason I was thinking he was a 3-4 and not a 2-3. DUH.

In that case, no we don't really need him, with what we have going forward.

He's a 6 foot 7, 220 pound athletic player who averaged 14 and 7 at the D1 level last season... We need that!
Bluejay Banter Heath

Postby KeepCool » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:07 am

He visited Texas A&M and he's currently on the Western Kentucky campus. Has there been any word on if Creighton is involved at all? Thanks!
KeepCool

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:12 am

Word was that we talk and that was about it. I don't think we are still involved. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby taa71458 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Headed to Texas A&M.
taa71458

Previous

Return to Recruiting