2015 Dallas Forward Jalon Miller

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2015 Dallas Forward Jalon Miller

Postby LJay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48 pm

#118 in Rivals, above the rim forward cuts to his final 6 and it includes CU. There just seem to be so many names appearing from nowhere while names we have heard for months and months disappear. The recruiting game is strange.

https://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?highlight=Creighton&CID=1669639
89 - 60
LJay

Re: 2015 Dallas Forward Jalon Miller

Postby westojay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:05 pm

This seemed to come out of nowhere. What's up with the upswing in recruiting forwards still? I thought we were looking for a PG and a couple other guards.
westojay

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I think if the Patton thing proves anything, it's that we only see a sliver of the whole recruiting gig.

Nothing surprises me anymore. If anything I'm heartened by the fact that we aren't necessarily married to any particular recruit, and that we continue to have these WTF moments where the new guy winds up being a bigtime riser in the rankings.
HandDownManDown

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:14 pm

westojay wrote:This seemed to come out of nowhere. What's up with the upswing in recruiting forwards still? I thought we were looking for a PG and a couple other guards.

I think we sometimes get a bit caught up in the terms "guard" and "forward". In the Big East we are going to be chasing taller guards. It may be easier to use the term "wings" to collectively refer to SGs and SFs.

That being said, we are definitely still chasing PGs too.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby mredle » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 pm

westojay wrote:This seemed to come out of nowhere. What's up with the upswing in recruiting forwards still? I thought we were looking for a PG and a couple other guards.

I've got two words for you: Ronnie Harrell :D :D :D
mredle

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 am

Based on all of these recent players putting us in their final 5 or 6, it's pretty obvious the staff has been doing an insane amount of work to ensure that even if we miss on a couple, we are going to end up with one hell of a class. I love the fact that they seem to have a knack for identifying big-time talents before they really get on the national radar. I knew this staff was good but this is impressive.

On another note: any chance we could get an updated recruiting summary from the WBR guys? Seems like a ton of stuff has happened since the last update. Thanks!
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Return to Recruiting