2015 SG Matt McQuaid (Michigan State Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 SG Matt McQuaid (SMU Verbal Commit)

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:26 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:The skeptic in me thinks it's because some blueblood has been whispering sweet nothings in his ear, and that plus the Mudiay news made him de-commit.

Hopefully it's the Underground's Blueblood but I'm doubting it.

Hope it's the transfer guard who SMU got last week or just general concerns about the SMU program. IMO, he was the only really painful 2015 verbal for us in terms of our staff's focus, the team's needs, and apparent player interest.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby blueblood » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:The skeptic in me thinks it's because some blueblood has been whispering sweet nothings in his ear, and that plus the Mudiay news made him de-commit.

I'm on vacation in Cali. Unless he is at surf camp, not me.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby mel ott » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:14 pm

blueblood wrote:

I'm on vacation in Cali. Unless he is at surf camp, not me.

I am so jealous. Between work, vacation, and family how do you keep so many topics alive? No matter, I always look forward to your insight!
mel ott

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Jays have their whole staff to watch Matt tonight. (per twitter) Come on Matt be a Jay!
fritzpointer

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Well that's a good sign. Maybe we're still a frontrunner.

I will give the staff this: the guys they're on are blowing up right and left. Even if we wind up the bride's maid at least we're identifying the meteors in the classes early.
HandDownManDown

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Jays have their whole staff to watch Matt tonight. (per twitter) Come on Matt be a Jay!

Great sign, hopefully the whole staff being there is not lost on Matt.
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:35 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Jays have their whole staff to watch Matt tonight. (per twitter) Come on Matt be a Jay!

We are definitely trying to send a message. Frankly, I have a hard time believing there is a better offense out there for Matt's game then ours. The best shooter in the country should play for Shooter U.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 am

From Jeff Borzello at CBS:

SMU will remain on McQuaid's list, but several other schools have already reached out since the news over the weekend. North Carolina, Virginia, Indiana, Texas, Baylor, LSU, Creighton and others are all showing interest, with everyone besides North Carolina and Virginia extending offers.
"The system I fit in," McQuaid said when asked what he's looking for in a school. "I want to shoot, I want to play. I want to be happy where I am for four years."
Creighton, Texas and Baylor were recruiting him prior to his May commitment to SMU.
Will that play a factor?
"I mean, yeah, I guess you can say that," McQuaid said. "It really doesn't matter though, I'm just kinda starting over."

His last comment isn't particularly encouraging, although it's just a 17-year-old kid responding to a reporter's leading question.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 am

yeah. Be a Bluejay. Great fit. :)
(and he resembles the great Eddie Cole a bit).
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Re: 2015 SG Matt McQuaid (Offered)

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Just picked up an offer from Mich St.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting