2015 G Khyri Thomas (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 G Khyri Thomas (Signed)

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Will has gotten 10X the bashing from people on here than I gave him there. Probably even from you. I said that he was a wonderful kid but not anywhere near what a BE team needs.

And should I just not bring up the fact that Avery wasn't anywhere near what we needed? Or should I say the same thing but do it less crassly?
HandDownManDown

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu May 07, 2015 2:55 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Will has gotten 10X the bashing from people on here than I gave him there. Probably even from you. I said that he was a wonderful kid but not anywhere near what a BE team needs.

And should I just not bring up the fact that Avery wasn't anywhere near what we needed? Or should I say the same thing but do it less crassly?

Crass isn't the word I'd use for the "class" you are showing by coming on a board and bashing a couple of now graduated seniors who were recruited to play in the MVC.
Chicagojayfan

Postby cujaysfan » Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Will has gotten 10X the bashing from people on here than I gave him there. Probably even from you. I said that he was a wonderful kid but not anywhere near what a BE team needs.

you should have some self awareness about scolding people re: "embarrassing behavior" and then turn around and pretty much do exactly what you decry
cujaysfan

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu May 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Can we move the critique of last year's players to another thread and keep this about Khyri? Thank you.
TrueBlueJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 07, 2015 3:42 pm

I will completely own the original comment being wrong to say in such a manner. This is a public place, and most people treat it as such; I generally treat it as if I'm shooting the breeze with friends. And sometimes I totally say stuff like that that shouldn't be said. That was one of those times. Mea culpa.

I feel no remorse from the longer post though. Will takes a million times more stick over the course of the season, but Avery is off limits? I was rebutting what Chicagojay asserted regarding Dingman's on-court play, and I expanded upon it to show why it was I felt like that. If you want to do the whole 'don't speak ill of the dead' thing, that's fine. I happen to disagree.

And as far as what happened in the whole Gilmore thing, well, I don't think I'll be hearing mea culpas from the guilty. But it still really pisses me off, and this looked like a great place for me to express that, so I did.

And apologies for the derailment.
HandDownManDown

Postby DEK » Thu May 07, 2015 4:38 pm

That long post was the most sensible thing I have read on here in years, HandDownManDown.

Glad to see someone out there still has some rational thinking abilities.

Don't let the others bashing your post make you feel bad, that is what they do, and then as you point out, they will be the same ones who bash other schools for recruiting when they have no more scholarships but applaud us for doing it.

Again, thanks - before I read your post I was starting to think everyone on this board was suffering from 'Creighton Disease" since our move to the Big East
DEK

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 pm

I have a hard time disagreeing with that post Hands. The entire team represented Creighton well both on and off the court as student athletes. Some players limitations were exposed more than others in the BE as to be expected coming from the MVC. CU is still in transition, this class of incoming players helps but it's still has another year (or so) to go before it can be evaluated as to whether it's working or not. I still trust that it is, I like what I see coming in.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby RVB » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:25 am

Creighton basketball newcomer Thomas holds himself to high standard, impresses coaches

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/creighto ... e2b48.html
RVB

Previous

Return to Recruiting