2015 G Khyri Thomas (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 G Khyri Thomas (Verbal Commit)

Postby R Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:This moved our class to #49 nationally on the 247Composite team rankings, and 5th in the Big East.

That's without Krampelj, who they haven't listed.

Huff, Watson, Harrell, Patton, Stewart, Krampelj, Khyri all suit up next season. Next year's team is going to be completely different, and I think we all agree that's a good thing.

Not to divert this discussion, but how does 247 not have Krampelj accounted for yet? I get that they wouldn't have him rated since hardly anyone has seen him, but he's not even shown.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby jfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:50 pm

R Jay wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:This moved our class to #49 nationally on the 247Composite team rankings, and 5th in the Big East.

Huff, Watson, Harrell, Patton, Stewart, Krampelj, Khyri all suit up next season. Next year's team is going to be completely different, and I think we all agree that's a good thing.

Not to divert this discussion, but how does 247 not have Krampelj accounted for yet? I get that they wouldn't have him rated since hardly anyone has seen him, but he's not even shown.

Maybe they don't know how to spell his last name? It is puzzling. He is three star on rivals now, but MIA on 24/7. They are usually on top of these things, but maybe they just haven't gotten enough info yet.
jfan

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 pm

WBR's Joey Tempo files this report on the Thomas commitment:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/local-pro ... turns-home
WBR Tom

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Some highlights from last year's dunk contest. Khyri won (obviously with that second video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQ__1ieryY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coziLkmlU0c

And here are some game highlights from Benson against Central. Khyri is No. 0 and UNO's Tre'Shawn Thurman is No. 44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_803xbhj24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBXTtneIcGg

Khyri beat out Tre'Shawn by two votes for last year's NebraskaHSHoops Mr. Basketball. He got my vote.
JacobPadilla

Postby section202jay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 pm

I like this. Local kid, talented, welcome to CU Khyri!
section202jay

Postby jfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Joey, mentions going after a transfer this spring. Am I missing something? Aren't we out of scholarships or would it work differently with a transfer?
jfan

Postby taa71458 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:10 pm

jfan wrote:Joey, mentions going after a transfer this spring. Am I missing something? Aren't we out of scholarships or would it work differently with a transfer?

You assume everyone's back next year
taa71458

Postby jfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:25 pm

taa71458 wrote:
jfan wrote:Joey, mentions going after a transfer this spring. Am I missing something? Aren't we out of scholarships or would it work differently with a transfer?

You assume everyone's back next year

I'm just going by the facts that we have now. If they keep recruiting, then someone is leaving, but I doubt they would have that type of discussion in the middle of the season.
jfan

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:27 pm

R Jay wrote:

The simplest explanation is the fact that Creighton does not have a 247 site. Much as I like 247 for recruiting info, it still has Creighton’s logo as the Jays script that I would be happy to never see again. The absence of a CU 247 site is probably also a factor as to why Creighton surely has the best combination of three recruits without 247 photos: http://creighton.247sports.com/Season/2 ... ll/Commits

Also, Martin K. just moved to the States a few months ago. He does not attend a conventional high school, nor is he viewed as one of the top European players of his age. It’s just a combination of things that make it unsurprising that he is not listed on 247, and is thus not part of Creighton’s 247 class or class ranking calculations.

Very happy with the Khyri Thomas news. Not sure when the team last had two OPS scholarship players. Hope that it ends up being a great thing for the team and Omaha hoops. Based on the many things the current squad lacks, this is a nice addition.

For the ?s about transfers and other continued recruiting, here’s the current list of 15-16 scholarship guys:
1. Groselle- 5th year (Sr)
2. Milliken- 3rd year (Sr)
3. Zierden- 4th year (Jr)
4. Hanson- 3rd year (Jr)
5. Huff- 2nd year (Jr)
6. Watson- 2nd year (Jr)
7. Hegner- 3rd year (So)
8. Gilmore- 2nd year (So or Fr (if med. RS))
9. Harrell- 2nd year (Fr)
10. Thomas- 1st year (Fr)
11. Krampelj- 1st year (Fr)
12. Patton- 1st year (Fr)
13. Stewart- 1st year (Fr)

There has been enough smoke coming from well-connected posters to lead me to believe that at least one of those 13 will end up transferring or even calling it career due to injuries. Or, maybe Groselle will walk on for his 5th year (seems highly unlikely, but just pointing out that there are several ways to add another player or two and end up at 13). Unlike some years, I look at that list and see 13 guys capable of adding something to the program in the next year or two, so I do fear that if we lose someone, it won’t necessarily feel the same as when Harris, Yates or a few others left, and it looked to be the best for both the player and the program. We’ll see.

Also, unless there is a rash of injuries or some unforseen exodus, that roster should be at worst a 7th or 8th place Big East team, IMO. So much more talent than the current, available roster.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby jfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:36 pm

When you look at that group, there is a ton of potential there! More than I think I've seen from an entire Creighton roster (obviously Doug raised the curve recently, but I'm talking about the entire team).
jfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting