2015 G Khyri Thomas (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 G Khyri Thomas (Verbal Commit)

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:59 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:
ictjay wrote:Have Thomas and Patton qualified?

That's a question for Bluejayfan00. Only he would know.

Wow. It's a shame that you have to make a comment like that on a day we should all be excited we landed a good talent. Especially since it's a comment I made months ago, that I later went back on and made an apology. Great job :mrgreen:
bluejayfan00

Postby ictjay » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

jfan wrote:
ictjay wrote:
jfan wrote:Joey, mentions going after a transfer this spring. Am I missing something? Aren't we out of scholarships or would it work differently with a transfer?

Dude, Wichita St is now +2 over for 2015 and are still recruiting and that's based on CF paying his own way.

To my knowledge, we have never done that before, so it's a concept adjustment. I don't think it's bad if there is a good reason. I think that Wichita is guarding against Van Fleet and Baker going pro. It would be awkward to be on the team with a scholarship and wonder if they were recruiting someone for your spot.

Neither will get drafted in the 1st round (VanVleet wont be drafted). Even so, I think Gregg is going after the best he can get and if he needs to excuse a few players, so be it. He has hit his ceiling at WSU and has done a good job.
Don't see him being there next year.
ictjay

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:
ictjay wrote:Have Thomas and Patton qualified?

That's a question for Bluejayfan00. Only he would know.

Wow. It's a shame that you have to make a comment like that on a day we should all be excited we landed a good talent. Especially since it's a comment I made months ago, that I later went back on and made an apology. Great job :mrgreen:

I was just busting your chops, that's all. I'm thrilled, as I posted earlier.
HandDownManDown

Postby jln » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Next year we should have the most natural talent we've ever had on a Creighton roster. Patton gives us a skilled big guy that allegedly has NBA potential. Krampelj is 6'8" and quite athletic. Huff is a long SG. It's going to be fun to see what Mac and Co. are able to do with it. I have a feeling we are going to see a brand of basketball that we haven't seen at Creighton before.

There is a ton of ability - we will be much longer and more athletic. We will also have a lot more quality shooters than we had this year.. Add in a guy like Huff who can score in a variety of ways and the role players/shooters get quite a bit more room than we have seen this year.

I think Khyri is a big pickup in that he potentially fills a glaring need that we've had for a long, long time -- a defensive stopper who can cover every position in the backcourt and on the wing. Like some of the Wichita guys we've seen.. he is physical, tough, athletic and has attitude -- I really think he can cover 1-3 on the court and will be invaluable on our switches and in helping to block and harass the passing lanes (have we ever had that kind of guy?).

We have one slot still left open.. and maybe two as it's not the norm for everyone to stay for the next year. Either way, our roster will be almost completely transformed next year.

I'm pretty sure we don't still have a slot open.
jln

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Just need to send the paper work through and Khyri is good to go. And as was mentioned, Justin said he made the honor roll this last semester and I haven't heard anything about him being in trouble. I think the academic stuff was simply a case of motivation. Now he has something to work for, and he's doing well.
JacobPadilla

Postby jfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Dude, Wichita St is now +2 over for 2015 and are still recruiting and that's based on CF paying his own way.[/quote]
To my knowledge, we have never done that before, so it's a concept adjustment. I don't think it's bad if there is a good reason. I think that Wichita is guarding against Van Fleet and Baker going pro. It would be awkward to be on the team with a scholarship and wonder if they were recruiting someone for your spot.[/quote]

Neither will get drafted in the 1st round (VanVleet wont be drafted). Even so, I think Gregg is going after the best he can get and if he needs to excuse a few players, so be it. He has hit his ceiling at WSU and has done a good job.
Don't see him being there next year.[/quote]
There might be a couple of openings in the BE next year (SH and SJ) so maybe we will get to yell at him again during games. He is a very good coach, but I think he needs to move quickly before that ceiling hits him in the head.
jfan

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:57 pm

jln wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Next year we should have the most natural talent we've ever had on a Creighton roster. Patton gives us a skilled big guy that allegedly has NBA potential. Krampelj is 6'8" and quite athletic. Huff is a long SG. It's going to be fun to see what Mac and Co. are able to do with it. I have a feeling we are going to see a brand of basketball that we haven't seen at Creighton before.

There is a ton of ability - we will be much longer and more athletic. We will also have a lot more quality shooters than we had this year.. Add in a guy like Huff who can score in a variety of ways and the role players/shooters get quite a bit more room than we have seen this year.

I think Khyri is a big pickup in that he potentially fills a glaring need that we've had for a long, long time -- a defensive stopper who can cover every position in the backcourt and on the wing. Like some of the Wichita guys we've seen.. he is physical, tough, athletic and has attitude -- I really think he can cover 1-3 on the court and will be invaluable on our switches and in helping to block and harass the passing lanes (have we ever had that kind of guy?).

We have one slot still left open.. and maybe two as it's not the norm for everyone to stay for the next year. Either way, our roster will be almost completely transformed next year.

I'm pretty sure we don't still have a slot open.

you're correct. I messed up that sentence. I wouldn't be shocked to see another spot open up.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:01 pm

I don't feel comfortable watching a highlight video and raving about a kid. However, I've seen Taz and Justin play and think we're lucky to have both. One's a long, high-motor, on-the-ball defender. The other's a shot blocker. Very excited. Very, very excited.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby LynchMob » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:20 am

jfan wrote:
ictjay wrote:
jfan wrote:Joey, mentions going after a transfer this spring. Am I missing something? Aren't we out of scholarships or would it work differently with a transfer?

Dude, Wichita St is now +2 over for 2015 and are still recruiting and that's based on CF paying his own way.

To my knowledge, we have never done that before, so it's a concept adjustment. I don't think it's bad if there is a good reason. I think that Wichita is guarding against Van Fleet and Baker going pro. It would be awkward to be on the team with a scholarship and wonder if they were recruiting someone for your spot.

Over-recruiting if you know you will kick kids out is one thing - if you start pulling Alabama crap and start revoking scholarships for signed kids, I lose *all* respect for you (Not that I have an overwhelming amount for Gregg in the first place).
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:18 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:I don't feel comfortable watching a highlight video and raving about a kid. However, I've seen Taz and Justin play and think we're lucky to have both. One's a long, high-motor, on-the-ball defender. The other's a shot blocker. Very excited. Very, very excited.

Yeah, for those that don't know Taz is Khyri's nickname.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting