Poll

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Need

Transfer (i.e. Justin Edwards, Sheldon McClellan)
63%
JUCO (i.e. James Milliken)
27%
Incoming Freshman (i.e. Alvin Ellis)
10%

Total votes : 30

Re: Poll

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 am

hilltopalum wrote:I'd say the "easiest" to land would be a JC, the toughest a quality freshman like Ellis. My vote is for a transfer.

Unless we can find a freshman who committed to a coach who has since departed and who is looking for a new home, I think Transfer is our best bet at this point.

Brooks really filled our biggest need for next year for a scoring, creative 2 (in this case one who can also play the 1), so this becomes a question of the best players available. HS kids are picked over, JUCO's are limited at this point so transfers are the best bet to get a high major level player.
Chicagojayfan

Re: Poll

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:Unless we can find a freshman who committed to a coach who has since departed and who is looking for a new home, I think Transfer is our best bet at this point.

Ellis would be exactly that sort of guy. He committed to Minny when Tubby was coach. Now that Tubby's been fired, Ellis is looking at other options.

IMO, the best vote in this poll would be the best player we can get, regardless of which group he falls in. I really like Ellis and the kids from Maine and Texas.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Previous

Return to Recruiting