2015 F Kevin Puryear (Offered)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Kevin Puryear (Offered)

Postby Durango Jay » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:29 pm

It seems that Coach Mac is having much better recruiting "luck" in Missouri than Coach Altman ever had.

Just a comment. Nothing more.
Durango Jay

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Durango Jay wrote:It seems that Coach Mac is having much better recruiting "luck" in Missouri than Coach Altman ever had.

Right now, I'd say the only place Dana had more success than Mac is having is the state of Iowa.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby PorkTornado » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:04 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Durango Jay wrote:It seems that Coach Mac is having much better recruiting "luck" in Missouri than Coach Altman ever had.

Right now, I'd say the only place Dana had more success than Mac is having is the state of Iowa.

Nebraska.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm

PorkTornado wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

Nebraska.

Did Dana have more recruiting success in Nebraska than Mac? Maybe Omaha, but Dana lost out on a lot of the best Nebraska kids.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm

not sure i'd agree with this - we got the lion's share of the best NE kids - and most that we wanted - dotzler, AY, motz, donnie johnson, even bahe (eventually) etc.

the only two that standout as guys we missed on - are Hill and Eliason.
cujaysfan

Postby mredle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Let's put this question of success in perspective. First Mac is about to enter his 3rd season while Dana was here 16. Second, after Dana's flirtation with pig sooey the program slipped. Still good, but more NIT good than NCAA good. Now we went back to the dance last year, we need to show that we intend to be regulars at the dance and do some damage when we get there. As a result of that slippage many of thes kids weren't in junior high when we were regualrs at the dance. So all that talk was ancient history as far as they are concerned. Three, local kids were aware of Mac at ISU and that it wasn't a good fit for either. Generates a little uncertainty I'm sure. Four, some kids want to stay at home to play in front of family and friends (AY, JJ), while others want to check out the bright lights and green grass elsewhere (AA). That's life and that's kids. But have we lost out on Nebraska kids we reallywanted and who really wanted to play in front of the fam and friends? If we had they would be playing in the Big Ten for Big Red, but they're not. Akoy wasn't going to stay here because he's got stars in his eyes. And if what we read is true, there may reason to question his thinking and his character. I wish him the best myself and if some of the worst that's said about him is true, I hope that Rick Pitino is able to help him get his head screwed on straight and his values back in focus. It seems like he's a good kid at heart and we all lose our way from time to time. The judgments people are trying to make now are unfair and premature.
mredle

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Mredle - I think you are misreading the comments. Most are complementary of Mac. I really don't think anybody has any complaints about MAc...
AttyAlum

Postby PorkTornado » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 pm

I didn't mean to make this a thing, I was just trying to be a smartass.

Now, let's get this dude signed up.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 pm

He can't sign for another 25 months but I'd love solid commit.
fritzpointer

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 am

From Twitter last night:

Kevin Puryear ‏@CallMe_KP24

I had a good time at Creighton U tonight!
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting