2014 SG Riley LaChance (Vanderbilt Verbal Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 SG Riley LaChance

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:So, Baylor's out:

Rob Howe ‏@HawkeyeInsider 1h

"Riley LaChance switches this wknd's Baylor official to Minnesota. Wants to play closer to home per Tom LaChance. Iowa visit Sept 28 or Oct 5"

Well, that is certainly interesting. Baylor was predicted as Lachance's ultimate location by many.

UPDATE: Looks like Minny is the new leader.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jet915 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Dad says he was about to commit to Vanderbilt before these new offers came in, time to move on folks!
Jet915

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Hopefully he lands at Minnesota, if only to soak up some of those scholarships and stop their ubiquitous recruiting offers.
HandDownManDown

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Jet915 wrote:time to move on folks!

Do we even have another PG offer out there? (still haven't had time to listen to this week's podcast, so sorry if this was discussed there)

I know we've got two more years of Chatman, two years of Brooks, and maybe a PG option in Zierden, but I've been assuming that the staff would like to get a PG, SG and Wing/SF (or PG and two Wings/SFs) in the 2014 class. Spring recruiting options are typically pretty dismal, so I still hope it doesn't come to that for us, although several on here have been hinting at it for quite a few weeks.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Don't know if it will happen, but Darian Harris played PG both on his HS and his AAU teams. Harris and IZ can assist J Brunson, J Adams, or J Johnson at the PG spot in 2015 (whichever PG we get in 2015). We have about 5 prospects on the 2015 list.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:55 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Don't know if it will happen, but Darian Harris played PG both on his HS and his AAU teams. Harris and IZ can assist J Brunson, J Adams, or J Johnson at the PG spot in 2015 (whichever PG we get in 2015). We have about 5 prospects on the 2015 list.

Your reasoning and wishful thinking is staggering.
TrueBlueJay

Postby jayball » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 pm

We are looking at some highly regarded pg in 2015. I would think immediate playing time would be a selling point.

If we don't get lachance or some mystery surprise for 2014, I sure hope gtmo is right about one of those prospects and Iz being able to help.
jayball

Postby Jet915 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:06 am

I think IZ would be a great PG if he can improve his ballhandling, give him a couple years behind Chatman and Brooks to work on his ballhandling. With his lethal shooting, he'd be dangerous as a PG. Apparently, he was driving the lane alot during summer. At 6'1, he's really undersized for a SG in the Big East so PG might be his best option for playing time.
Jet915

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 am

Jet915 wrote:I think IZ would be a great PG if he can improve his ballhandling, give him a couple years behind Chatman and Brooks to work on his ballhandling. With his lethal shooting, he'd be dangerous as a PG. Apparently, he was driving the lane alot during summer. At 6'1, he's really undersized for a SG in the Big East so PG might be his best option for playing time.

The question with IZ has always been on the defensive end - can he defend opposing PGs? Reportedly he has a very high basketball IQ, as you'd expect from a coach's son, is an excellent passer and can handle the ball.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:46 am

Playing PG in small town Arkansas or that no defense required summer basketball league here in Omaha is not even in the same galaxy as playing PG in the Big East.

If Harris or IZ are playing significant minutes at PG at any point in their CU careers, we will be in serious trouble IMO.
McKinney's Neighbor

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting