Who's Next

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Who's Next

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 am

He's got the hook set does't he. Your killing us Hilltop. So is this sunshine near or a week or two off. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:patience, sunny days are coming

Prescription for a sunny day would be one more year of Dougie Fresh combined with a sprinkle of James Milliken.

Can somebody give me that forecast?

How about Dougie Fresh coming back along with Alvin Ellis for next year followed by Justin Edwards the year after! One can always dream...
Jet915

Postby Ethanfor3 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Ethanfor3 wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:patience, sunny days are coming

Prescription for a sunny day would be one more year of Dougie Fresh combined with a sprinkle of James Milliken.

Can somebody give me that forecast?

How about Dougie Fresh coming back along with Alvin Ellis for next year followed by Justin Edwards the year after! One can always dream...

That's what I call a forecast!
Ethanfor3

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Any chance at all we look at Allerik Freeman? Decommitted from UCLA, now the best guard available.
ZMagic30

Postby westojay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Or any interest in guard DeAndre Kane, transferred from Marshall and eligible to play right away. Averaged over 15 ppg each of his 3 seasons.
westojay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 pm

westojay wrote:Or any interest in guard DeAndre Kane, transferred from Marshall and eligible to play right away. Averaged over 15 ppg each of his 3 seasons.

That's what I was thinking. He's a good player
bluejayfan00

Postby DEK » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:54 pm

So with Doug coming back, I have to think this changes everything. I think the Maine transfer now becomes one of our most attractive options after Eli Carter since we are much more able to afford Edwards sitting out a year with Doug in the fold for next year. Obviously, Carter would be an amazing pick up - especially if he can play next year, that would be HUGE, and even if he can't, would still be very attractive to have in the program for a year and then come in the next with two years of eligibility.

Which begs the question...where does that scholarship come from? I could be wrong but I assume even a transfer sitting out a year takes up one of your basketball scholarships? Which means someone else has to leave, yes? Who is next on the chopping block?
DEK

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:56 pm

DEK wrote: Who is next on the chopping block?

Nice
TrueBlueJay

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:57 pm

DEK wrote:So with Doug coming back, I have to think this changes everything. I think the Maine transfer now becomes one of our most attractive options after Eli Carter since we are much more able to afford Edwards sitting out a year with Doug in the fold for next year. Obviously, Carter would be an amazing pick up - especially if he can play next year, that would be HUGE, and even if he can't, would still be very attractive to have in the program for a year and then come in the next with two years of eligibility.

Which begs the question...where does that scholarship come from? I could be wrong but I assume even a transfer sitting out a year takes up one of your basketball scholarships? Which means someone else has to leave, yes? Who is next on the chopping block?

Doing the math, Brooks takes Nevin's scholarship. That leaves the Dad scholie if needed. I hope it is needed...
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby DEK » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:02 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Doing the math, Brooks takes Nevin's scholarship. That leaves the Dad scholie if needed. I hope it is needed...

Ahh, yes. Thanks, clearly my math skills are not up to par with yours.

Awesome news.
DEK

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting