Transfer Targets :: 2019

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfer Targets :: 2019

Postby #RollJays » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:23 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Epperson/Froling are our 2 true post players, with Epperson having a injury history already. Martin is a four who plays the 5 because we like to play small ball. Bishop is a 3-4 whom most here say needs development. Another post player (grad transfer) should be welcomed with open arms. If Martin returns perhaps this is not a problem...if he goes we definitely need another big.

Bishop is definitely not a 3. Krampelj at the 5 creates more mismatches than it does at the 4.
#RollJays

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:44 am

added W&M sharpshooter and former Creighton target in Matt Milon. Milon would likely have a similar role as Cashaw did this year. Can't see him unseating Mintz/TSA/Ballock in the backcourt for more minutes than 10 a game and he does not have the rebounding or defensive presence to play the 4 over larger wings like Jefferson or Mahoney. He is an elite shooter and would be an effective weapon off the bench. Don't see it happening although Mac and staff really liked him during his recruitment, we just loaded at his spot.

Also added Anthony Duruji a 6-6, long, athletic wing who has a decent stroke from outside. Duruji is a great rebounder and plays with a high motor. He's originally from Maryland and it seems clear he wants to play up at another conference level than he was in with LA Tech. He's a sit one play two player. Could see him be successful as a 4 man in the lineup and the player who would not be shy from being the junkyard dog we need that can get a rebound, push the tempo from that spot, who is also capable of hitting a three to help space the floor. One to watch!
hilltopalum

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 am

Are you compiling the list of guys you want us to pursue or guys that you absolutely know we are going to pursue?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:17 am

the latter, and in the case of Falzon and Milon guys we have relationships with in the past
hilltopalum

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:45 am

Not on the list, but a transfer impacting Big East play...

Xavier picked up a commitment from Ohio transfer Jason Carter. Averaged 16.5 PPG & 6.7 RPG this past season. Eligible immediately. (Per Twitter)
vivid_dude

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:14 am

Falzon seems like a Sienna lean, not sure there was too much interest from the Jays this time around. Swapped him with Stony Brook Forward Akwasi Yeboah. The British forward was first team all conference for the Seawolves in the American East.
hilltopalum

Postby omajay » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm

I follow a lot of the national recruiting "experts" on Twitter. I can't remember seeing Creighton's name mentioned once when someone new announces they are transferring. Are we in the mix for any of these guys?
omajay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 pm

omajay wrote:I follow a lot of the national recruiting "experts" on Twitter. I can't remember seeing Creighton's name mentioned once when someone new announces they are transferring. Are we in the mix for any of these guys?

Doesnt help when our "lead recruiter" is likely to get canned....
Jet915

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 pm

omajay wrote:I follow a lot of the national recruiting "experts" on Twitter. I can't remember seeing Creighton's name mentioned once when someone new announces they are transferring. Are we in the mix for any of these guys?

what are our needs? Need some depth at the 4 only.

We've called Pierce from W&M and inquired on Yeboah of Stony Brook.
hilltopalum

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 06096/Amp/

Grad transfer from SFA who plays above the rim and can shoot the 3. Would be a nice get and maybe not much noise because he was out this year. I’m guessing Illinois is his predicted landing spot.
Eye of the Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting