Transfer Targets :: 2019

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Transfer Targets :: 2019

Postby blueblood » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:29 pm

The 4 guard system is not working. We need a stretch 4 bad. Glad to see there is a back up plan for Enarura. We actually could use Enaruna AND one of these guys.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby mightyskid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:57 pm

hilltopalum wrote:1 - the target is for a stretch four.
2 - I think they want: Enaruna is #1 priority -- if he is not available they will look to a grad transfer forward
&
3 - Best available sit-and-play transfer to even out the scholarship cluster

I agree and I'm good with all 3.

Get stretch 4 with one ship; prefer TE, and if can't get, go with grad transfer.
Last 'ship w/ transfer who sits next season........this could be interesting to watch!
mightyskid

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

The other play if they don't get TE is to get two sit-and-play transfers and then give a majority of the 4 minutes to a combo of Mahoney-Jefferson-Martin with Martin-Epp-Bishop-Froling at the 5
hilltopalum

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

We need to find someone taller, or at least more bouncy, to play the four. Right now guys just out jump us for rebounds, even if we are boxing them out. Don't look to get over the back calls either if a guy is just out jumping you. Xavier killed us on the boards and that was ultimately the difference.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby bluejayfan00 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:05 pm

AttyAlum wrote:We need to find someone taller, or at least more bouncy, to play the four. Right now guys just out jump us for rebounds, even if we are boxing them out. Don't look to get over the back calls either if a guy is just out jumping you. Xavier killed us on the boards and that was ultimately the difference.

This is why CB should play at the same time as one of the true "5"'s and/or Martin.

Martin isn't a great shooter, but he's good enough to offset Christian's skill set. Plus, when you have three guys who can be on the floor at once that shoot like Mitch, Marcus, and TSA, a 4/5 that can shoot isn't as necessary.
Last edited by bluejayfan00 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluejayfan00

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 pm

good point, I think they hope Mahoney and a healthy Jefferson can take care of some of those issues. Agree tho they need more depth at that spot, really the only area they have available PT at next year.
hilltopalum

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:We need to find someone taller, or at least more bouncy, to play the four. Right now guys just out jump us for rebounds, even if we are boxing them out. Don't look to get over the back calls either if a guy is just out jumping you. Xavier killed us on the boards and that was ultimately the difference.

This is why CB should play at the same time as one of the true "5"'s and/or Martin.

Martin isn't a great shooter, but he's good enough to offset Christian's skill set. Plus, when you have three guys who can be on the floor at once that shoot like Mitch, Marcus, and TSA, a 4/5 that can shoot isn't as necessary.

I'm with ya! Bishop is a playmaker on both sides of the ball. Who cares if he can't step out and shoot the 3?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby mightyskid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:17 pm

hilltopalum wrote:The other play if they don't get TE is to get two sit-and-play transfers and then give a majority of the 4 minutes to a combo of Mahoney-Jefferson-Martin with Martin-Epp-Bishop-Froling at the 5

Damn, I keep forgetting about Tini playing the 4! I'm purely focused in getting him back next year!

But, that's not all bad........

Good chunck of players coming back with experience (never a bad thing);
1) Ballock
2) TSA
3) Mintz
4) MZ
5) Tini
6) Epp
7) Bishop
8) Jefferson
9) Froling
**Hard work in off-season, with additional strength and skills improvement by all could make for an interesting development going into next season

Then you have;
10) Mahoney
11) Mitchell
**Even though only 6'5", I like the bulk Mahoney brings.......and how wonderful would it be if Mitchell offers positive minutes at PG behind MZ (figure Mintz will get some PG mins.....but gives him more opportunity at 2 and/or 3)

The potential of playing 11 bodies, gives better opportunity for high-energy defense and still play with pace. Cause havoc like Altman teams from the past at MVC-level......just at BigEast-level!!!

Then the 2 Transfers sitting.
mightyskid

Postby #RollJays » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:33 pm

blueblood wrote:The 4 guard system is not working. We need a stretch 4 bad. Glad to see there is a back up plan for Enarura. We actually could use Enaruna AND one of these guys.

I think the 4 guard system is fine for stretches but not something we should do for the majority of games. Bishop and Krampelj were really good when on the court together. Both of them can move and defend. Froling out there with 4 guards was a nightmare in Big East play. It will be interesting to see what happens with his minutes when Epperson comes back. Froling being used as Martin's sub in the first half vs. Xavier instead of Bishop basically cost us that game and a shot at the NCAA. Landing Enaruna would be huge for our style of play.
#RollJays

Postby ictjay » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm

No official visit by Enaruna?
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting