2013 Transfers

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 Transfers

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am

Beberre wrote:I'd say Mahurin from ISU Blue is a surprise. What was the issue there?

+1. Very surprising since he will be a senior this fall.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 am

hilltopalum wrote:I can confirmed we are not going after Orris.

Good. That kid has a screw loose.

I know I've said it before, but I'd like to see us make a push for Alvin Ellis, who was committed to Minnesota, but backed out with Tubby's firing. He's 6'5, could play the 2 or 3 in Mac's system and had a pretty impressive offer list: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/baske ... lis-119396

He comes from Merf's recruiting area and the Big East news wasn't available yet when he signed last fall. I'd like to see us make contact to find out if the Big East move might cause him to give us any consideration now.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 am

i would love to see a transfer - however - i hope the situation will dictate who we take

if we lose doug - i hope we scour for a 5th year guy who can provide some leadership, scoring and maybe some ball handling

if doug returns - i hope we get a really solid transfer with some eligibility left who can offer big contributions down the road

at this point in the game - i think both jucos and HS kids are picked over
cujaysfan

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 am

cujaysfan wrote:i would love to see a transfer - however - i hope the situation will dictate who we take

if we lose doug - i hope we scour for a 5th year guy who can provide some leadership, scoring and maybe some ball handling

if doug returns - i hope we get a really solid transfer with some eligibility left who can offer big contributions down the road

While he doesn't have an impressive offer list, Milliken is ranked 39 on the 2013 Juco list, which is higher than Brooks.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 am

I read something that said Mahurin's brother was going to be a freshman at Weselyan so he wanted to play there. Averaged 10 ppg,,,was a pretty good player so that's a loss for the Trees.
Last edited by LJay on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:56 pm

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:i would love to see a transfer - however - i hope the situation will dictate who we take

While he doesn't have an impressive offer list, Milliken is ranked 39 on the 2013 Juco list, which is higher than Brooks.

Yeah, seems like we are battling missouri valley schools and low majors for the rest of the 2013 prospects...
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:14 pm

There are still a few very good Prep School players (SGs) available. Hopefully the search continues.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

SonofFrankTomera wrote:

That is one guy's list who has a website. The NJCAA came out with it's all american list and Brooks was 3rd team AA. There are 10 players per team. Thus, the governing body of jucos has Brooks as a Top 30 juco. Pretty impressive.

Milliken was all Region VI 1st team (10 first teamers) but was not listed on the NJCAA AA list that has 3 teams of 10 and 20 honorable mention AA's.

Just sayin.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:31 pm

LJay wrote:
SonofFrankTomera wrote:

That is one guy's list who has a website. The NJCAA came out with it's all american list and Brooks was 3rd team AA. There are 10 players per team. Thus, the governing body of jucos has Brooks as a Top 30 juco. Pretty impressive.

Milliken was all Region VI 1st team (10 first teamers) but was not listed on the NJCAA AA list that has 3 teams of 10 and 20 honorable mention AA's.

Just sayin.

Right, I am aware that there are other sites that have their ratings and opinions.

Just sayin.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby wildjays » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Jeff Goodman just tweeted that Maine transfer Justin Edwards is visiting Creighton next week, April 23-25
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting