2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 C Justin Patton (Signed)

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:48 pm

10p, 12r, 3b as North won its seventh straight. Coach said opponent focused on stopping him.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:54 am

Jacob didn't post this here, but from his twitter:

https://twitter.com/JacobPadilla_/statu ... 2606982144

"10 points, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks and W for @JustinPatton17 tonight. Also made honor roll. #Creighton"

Making the honor roll is a great sign as well!
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Apparently Justin was talked about on Inside the Big East by Evan Daniels as the biggest under the radar signee for the 2015 Big East class. Nice pub.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:01 am

Patton makes one of the biggest jumps on the updated 247 ratings to 63 and a composite of 83.
Jet915

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:13 am

Good stuff.

That bumped our class ranking up 7 spots nationally as well (#56). If we land one of our remaining targets, our class should end up #4 in the Big East.

Side note: Marquette's class is terrifying. And they aren't done.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Chicagojayfan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

Duke1Agn wrote:Good stuff.

That bumped our class ranking up 7 spots nationally as well (#56). If we land one of our remaining targets, our class should end up #4 in the Big East.

Side note: Marquette's class is terrifying. And they aren't done.

Nice to give us a bit more visibility. I think Stewart will get bumped as well by the end of the year.

One thing on Marquette - 3 out of 4 commits are from Wisconsin. Wiscy produces a good bit of talent, but it's super rare that they get that kind of talent every year. I'd be more worried if they were recruiting the rest of the country like Georgetown does, for instance. In general, I expect them to come back to earth in the future... they'll recruit well, but not top 10 well.
Chicagojayfan

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:46 pm

I saw Justin had 2 points against Bryan on Friday and then didn't start on Saturday.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby jfan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:14 pm

On Rivals, they said said Friday was a bad team, so he rested and Sat was disciplinary action.
jfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:05 am

He only played 14 minutes against Bryan, and I doubt he put in much effort. Bryan is the worst team in the Metro; they're not going to win a single game.

He was 3 minutes late to shoot-around, and Andersen wants to really hammer home the leadership point with him and hold him to a high standard; that's why he came off the bench Friday.

The thing about Justin and his numbers is that it seems to me like he's trying to work on his game for the next level rather than maximizing what he can do against high school kids. He takes a lot more jumpers than anything else. A lot of them are probably tougher shots than he should be taking.

He has a good touch and is coming along as a shooter, but his form (particularly his balance) needs some work, which he'll get when the staff gets ahold of him. He has a nice hook shoot but needs some muscle to be able to use it consistently. He can handle the ball well but still needs to do some drills to improve his coordination. He makes some brilliant cross-court passes, but can be careless at times as well.

Basically, he's still so raw and there's so much there to work with; the coaches just need to get their hands on him and get to work.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:35 am

JacobPadilla wrote:He only played 14 minutes against Bryan, and I doubt he put in much effort. Bryan is the worst team in the Metro; they're not going to win a single game.

He was 3 minutes late to shoot-around, and Andersen wants to really hammer home the leadership point with him and hold him to a high standard; that's why he came off the bench Friday.

The thing about Justin and his numbers is that it seems to me like he's trying to work on his game for the next level rather than maximizing what he can do against high school kids. He takes a lot more jumpers than anything else. A lot of them are probably tougher shots than he should be taking.

He has a good touch and is coming along as a shooter, but his form (particularly his balance) needs some work, which he'll get when the staff gets ahold of him. He has a nice hook shoot but needs some muscle to be able to use it consistently. He can handle the ball well but still needs to do some drills to improve his coordination. He makes some brilliant cross-court passes, but can be careless at times as well.

Basically, he's still so raw and there's so much there to work with; the coaches just need to get their hands on him and get to work.

Hate to spot you on the spot Jacob, but do you see JP coming here in the fall and having an immediate impact? Possibly competing for the starting C spot?
Jaysker12

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting