2014 PF Jackson Davis

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 PF Jackson Davis

Postby mredle » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Jet915 wrote:6'7 F Jeff Garrett just committed to Alabama. He was on a visit with Davis this weekend. He's listed as a SF though so not sure how this effects Davis who is more of a PF.

I'm not certain. Their(Alabama) roster last year showed 12 players (2 seniors). Goodman's transfer list shows 3 transfers. It looks like Alabama has 4 commits including Garrett.
mredle

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:03 am

So Jackson Davis will have home visits tonight (Rice), tomorrow ( Butler) and Wednesday (Florida). He just officially visited Alabama. USF and Seton Hall now showing interest.

Surprised by Florida. They are pretty close to getting Jon Horford and have Chris Walker coming back. If Davis goes to Florida, he will have a really tough time finding minutes. I really wish our official visit was this weekend. I hope he's still available by the time our official comes up.
Jet915

Postby ZMagic30 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:24 am

If he is still available when he visits, you have to like our chances.
ZMagic30

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Jet915

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:44 am

Well, assuming Florida gets a visit, it's between us and Arizona State to get the final visit. Hard to believe he'd go to Alabama, Grant is on the hot seat and probably won't be there much longer.
Jet915

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am

Billy Donovan's name is being mentioned as a top target for an NBA job or two. I also believe he mentioned not too long ago that the only situation he'd ever leave Florida for would be for an NBA job. Also, how is Arizona State even a finalist? If Jackson values education quality, as it seems he does, that would be a puzzling choice.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby cu8493 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 am

Considering where he is from, pulling him out of SEC country was always going to be a tough task. It is quite a contrast between the large public univeristy and a smaller, private university. Also a choice between going to a football first conference with only a couple of really good programs, and where basketball gets little run until January, and then is really just a filler between the bowl games and the start of spring practice (even at Florida); and a basketball first conference with 8 or 9 really good programs. He can play in a much older arena that holds about 2/3rds as many people or one of the best arenas in all of college basketball. If Coach can get him on campus, and show him the Creighton Advantage, I think we have a good chance. Perhaps coach could casually mention one of our business schools alums who happens to be playing in the first round of the playoffs for the Bobcats and by all accounts is putting his finance degree to good use.
cu8493

Postby ictjay » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 am

cu8493 wrote:Considering where he is from, pulling him out of SEC country was always going to be a tough task. It is quite a contrast between the large public univeristy and a smaller, private university. Also a choice between going to a football first conference with only a couple of really good programs, and where basketball gets little run until January, and then is really just a filler between the bowl games and the start of spring practice (even at Florida); and a basketball first conference with 8 or 9 really good programs. He can play in a much older arena that holds about 2/3rds as many people or one of the best arenas in all of college basketball. If Coach can get him on campus, and show him the Creighton Advantage, I think we have a good chance. Perhaps coach could casually mention one of our business schools alums who happens to be playing in the first round of the playoffs for the Bobcats and by all accounts is putting his finance degree to good use.

Well put. I would venture to say the coaches utilize "all of our contacts" in order to get a foot in the door so to speak. Something got this families interest in CU late in the game.
ictjay

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:39 pm

ictjay wrote:
cu8493 wrote:Considering where he is from, pulling him out of SEC country was always going to be a tough task. It is quite a contrast between the large public univeristy and a smaller, private university. Also a choice between going to a football first conference with only a couple of really good programs, and where basketball gets little run until January, and then is really just a filler between the bowl games and the start of spring practice (even at Florida); and a basketball first conference with 8 or 9 really good programs. He can play in a much older arena that holds about 2/3rds as many people or one of the best arenas in all of college basketball. If Coach can get him on campus, and show him the Creighton Advantage, I think we have a good chance. Perhaps coach could casually mention one of our business schools alums who happens to be playing in the first round of the playoffs for the Bobcats and by all accounts is putting his finance degree to good use.

Well put. I would venture to say the coaches utilize "all of our contacts" in order to get a foot in the door so to speak. Something got this families interest in CU late in the game.

In this case, the "something" is probably the availability of immediate, significant, playing time.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting