Switch to full style
Talk about Creighton athletics.
Post a reply

Re: 2023 Creighton Volleyball

Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm

Goetzinger, who is from Wisconsin, was a club teammate of current CU middle blocker Kiara Reinhardt.

Yeah when the rumors first started swirling I was trying to figure out how they were connected. Their club team was stacked and also included Aubrey Hamilton (Marquette), Carrington (MN), and I think Wucherer (MN) played with them sparingly as well for a season when she wasn't busy with the national team. In addition to being really good off the slide, Goetzinger is also a very high energy player like Kiara which will be great to have.
Last edited by jaykorver on Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:53 pm

Goetzinger is a great replacement for Schmitt since the slide is such a big part of Creighton's offense under Wait.

Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:44 pm

Are Bolton and Rennes the only transfer outs? There was one reference to Colangelo transferring. But, I don’t think that was ever confirmed.

Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:31 pm

omajay wrote:Are Bolton and Rennes the only transfer outs? There was one reference to Colangelo transferring. But, I don’t think that was ever confirmed.

Bolton --> SMU vball
Remmes --> Loyola University Chicago vball
Colangelo --> University of Kansas. Assuming she is done with volleyball unless I see otherwise.

Portal will open again in May for 15 days.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:09 pm

Iowa State's Jordan Hopp, another MB in the portal, to Penn State.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:36 pm

Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:33 pm

Former Bluejay Jazz Schmidt has been named an Assistant coach and Operations Assistant for the Omaha Supernovas after their coaching shake-up today. Good luck Jazz!

Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:16 pm

Some spring volleyball schedule news.

Creighton will play ISU on 4/13.

Creighton will also be included in the Iowa Spring Tournament hosted by Iowa on April 20th. UNI and Western Illinois are the other teams.

Edit 2/20: Norah Sis, Ava Martin, Destiny Ndam-Simpson, and Elise Goetzinger will take place in the Women's National Team Open Program this weekend in Colorado Springs. This will be used for consideration for selecting the Women's National Team and Women's Collegiate National Team for some of the USAV summer tournaments (as Norah has done the past two summers). This is per the roster USAV released today.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:52 am

Four Jays headed for USA Volleyball National Team tryouts

https://gocreighton.com/news/2024/2/22/ ... youts.aspx

Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:58 pm

Post a reply